See, I'm not the only person who .....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

See, I'm not the only person who .....

Post by AndyG »

...thinks the Daily Mail has lost it. A footnote to an article, on 'the Register' website, about a new VW reads "Indeed, so panick-striken has Middle England become at lurid tales of alcopop-crazed teen tearaways clubbing decorated war veterans with stolen mobile phones while dole-scrounging Albanian asylum seekers barbecue swans at the taxpayers' expense, that it is totally unaware that it is in fact murderous cyberloos and self-combusting DVD players which pose the real threat to our Sceptred Isle.".

If anybody is interested in reading about the new self-driving Golf, the article is here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/04 ... ving_golf/ ; mind you, the way most Golfs are driven aroound this part of London, this can only be an improvement! :lol:

AndyG

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just a few sentences from the link that AndyG posted............If you can understand these words or what the reporter is trying to tell the reader please post below 'cause I don't!!!

What has come of the days when a report was a report written in English??

denying they are already controlled by the Lizard Alliance

Active neoLuddite Resistance Army (NRA) members

the complete subjugation of humanity and its hideous enslavement

A Lizard Army spokesreptile declared

Suffice it to add that Volkwagen has dubbed its mephistophelean suicide vehicle

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a reptilian Teutonic automobile; and its number is twoscore and ten and three. Plus one

threat to our Sceptred Isle
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

alcopop-crazed teen tearaways clubbing decorated war veterans with stolen mobile phones while dole-scrounging Albanian asylum seekers barbecue swans at the taxpayers' expense
Thats sounds like Nottingham on a Friday night doesnt it?

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

TobyVickers wrote:
alcopop-crazed teen tearaways clubbing decorated war veterans with stolen mobile phones while dole-scrounging Albanian asylum seekers barbecue swans at the taxpayers' expense
Thats sounds like Nottingham on a Friday night doesnt it?
Thats totally wrong and i'm offended by your inaccuracy.

They'd never club them, nothing less than a good old fashioned stabbing will do round here... :shock: :lol: :lol:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I know life in Notts is tough for students... the uni itself has a good reputation and the first year halls are all of a high standard with ensuite bathrooms... but after that they're out tking their chances among the chavs in the estates. One girl I know of had a brick thrown through her window whilst she was asleep. Interestingly, she is now joining the police force (albeit in another county) :lol:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I'll join Rob in saying how unpleasant I find your disparaging remarks about Nottingham. :lol:

Apparently we are so high on the crime list because someone forgot to count all the population of Nottingham. Using the real numbers, Nottingham is way down the list. :roll:

And the only clubbing is where those girls wearing nothing much even in the middle of winter hang out once the pubs close.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I suppose if the girls are wearing nothing much they will hang out even when the pubs are open :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."