Why I am not here.....

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Why I am not here.....

Post by TobyV »

....honestly, I am not, this thread is purely a figment of your imagination. :lol:

Been away for the weekend and returned to find my broadband is down (for the longest time ever, its never been down for longer than an hour or very frequently in the two years I have been with this ISP).

However, after many pointless calls to Orange (formerly Wanadoo/Freeserve) and having done 101 pointless things such as move my PC to the hall to eliminate the extension cable and buy a new filter at a cost of £14 at their insistance, absolutely sod all difference, still cant connect. Tried phoning back umpteen times tonight to find out the outcome of the line test and I just get a variety of messgaes about them being busy and some cr@p on-hold music :sad:

So I am presently just here on dialup via my old clockwork PC :curse:

The moral of this story?

Whatever you Wanadon't

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Just remember.... dial up is the future :wink:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

I seem to remember the same happening to me about three months ago! :huf: :tuttut: Binned em, the useless bar stewards, although if there's anything you would like to know about Indian call centre's Toby, then I'm your man!

In fact I spent so long on the phone to them with problems that they have invited me to their Christmas do(!) :dance:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

hmmm...each to their own Toby...

I've been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange for 6 years, from dial-up to BB, moved house three times without the slightest problem whatsoever...

..but then I'm getting too old to bother about changing providers anyway...

Derek :think:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

TangoEcho
Meteor
Meteor

Post by TangoEcho »

Same here as Derek ...........now I've blown it :smile:
Regards

Tom

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

...and today's latest installment... there might be a problem with the line they tell me :shock: Who'd have thought it!?

Apparently they need another 24hrs though. This is ceasing to be funny as its actually affecting my paid work. Beginning to think myself that it might be the modem though as it gets very hot whilst telling me it cant establish a line and i tried plugging a router someone lent me in and that seemed to be able to establish a line but since I dont have any network cables it doesnt seem to be possible to actually try connecting to the net with it :sad:

Will see what they have to say for themselves tomorrow morning :roll: Then I'm off to Brooklands for the unveiling of G-BBDG, anyone else from here invited?

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I'm back.... and its all thanks to a paperclip :lol:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

TobyV wrote:I'm back.... and its all thanks to a paperclip :lol:
Well your here but your not all there...!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I never was :madhead:

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

I do feel for you......

The connection in my apartment has just been sorted out. The latest IT bod to visit discovered that a couple of the cables in the socket on the wall had been reversed.... not sure how his predecessors half a dozen visits over 3 months didn't show that up.

Rgds
Richard
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!