Little Speculation

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Robin
Trident
Trident

Little Speculation

Post by Robin »

I have just spoken to a friend of mine that lives near Fairford, whilst on the phone I heard a deafening roar. I asked him what the hell that was and was told that it was a B1 that had been doing circuits and bumps for a few hours.

So, where is that for then??

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Difficult to respond to that...

..and biting my tongue as much as I can I suspect it's something to do with US friendship with the state known as Israel, who have nothing to do except blow the crap out of their neighbours..give stolen land back then take it out on someone else..

That's just my personal view...

Derek :roll:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Or.. it could just be nothing. Drive past there on any day of the week and you're likely to see a B1 parked up :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

andy

Post by andy »

They're probably glad of the airflow, trying to cool down a bit. :smile: :lol:

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I agree with Derek's view: our beloved PM is getting into a hole so deep that it is questionable whether we will ever be able to climb out of it

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

don't worry the pm over here is towing the line and following like a lamb to the slaughter. last week was backing a middle east country, that is on land that it stole in the 1950's. then the pm had to try and save his political career and fly his state jet to cyprus and bring back 120 people fleeing the war. :think: political stunt or what ehh!
needless to say his future as pm are numbered in quebec at least.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Without trying to become politically involved here, though it's hard.... I totally agree with Dereks' view......They stole the land in the first place and when we went over there, I think in the Fifties to try to undertake peace keeping duties between Israel and Palestine, the Israelis turned round and shot our boys!!!
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

andy

Post by andy »

The good old USA is involving us in this, whether we like it or not.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 ... 45,00.html
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 ... 78,00.html

:sad:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

I suggest that this is one topic we should leave well alone! The roots of this go back a loooooong way, to the early years of the last century, and Britain has certainly had more than a peripheral involvement over the years.

The issues here are definitely not black and white, more like different shades of grey. I think this would be a sensible time for us all to use our discretion and drop the subject.

Mind you, now I've posted it's probably killed the thread anyway! :wink:

AndyG

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TBH Andy

I'd taken the thread lightly but now reading you post I think there is something there that needs debate.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."