Vanguard Engine Run

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Chris,

There are still Tynes out there and getting the correct oil is not a problem. The problem is, the hierarchy at Brooklands do not want to part company with any 'folding' which leaves the Vanguard team (who don't have any sort of budget) to beg and borrow what they can :roll: Who know's.. should DeltaGolf continue to rake in loads of dosh.. the powers that be may see their way fit to releasing some but this is very much in the lap of the god's :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

Ok folks, I've worked out how to get my Vanguard footage on to my PC / upload it. So as promised, here it is after much trial and error. :doh:

I had to condense it from the full 17 minutes (yes I filmed most of it!) to 5 mins, as that's all photobucket will allow to play. As I'm still finding my way with doing this sort of thing, I chose to save it as Broadband 512 Kbps - I don't know if this is good or not and it's not good quality for some reason :worried: but the sound's not bad!:dance: and I have edited it with the emphasis on the different aspects of the engine sound. :smile:

Please advise if you know how I can improve it. Enjoy.....
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/ ... ternet.flv
Last edited by Chris558 on 21 Oct 2006, 22:06, edited 2 times in total.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Excellent :cool:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Class. Thought about uploading it to flightlevel350?
Try the High quality video small or large setting and see what the filesize is.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Those Tynes sound amazing... what a wonderful sound. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Avant-Garde-Aclue

Post by Avant-Garde-Aclue »

Now that IS something else!!! Wow, thanks.

Sean

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Sounds just as I remember from the last time she was taxiied down the runway, its a shame they cant do that anymore :sad:

Still its good that she can still be run up. I'd love to see A4O-AB run up but I guess its not in good enough condition for that :think:

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Incredible Chris

And between Tynes, speys and Darts people wonder why Im hard of hearing LOL - A thought - between what you have externally and what DaveB taped internally there must be the makings of one hell of tyne sound upgrade :)

Leif

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Speaking of Dart's (and a bit off topic) I see the Budgies have been replaced by F27 (of the Dart variety) on the mail runs, a company called 6 Cargo :think:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

cstorey wrote:Dave

Are there not still some Transalls operating. Unless they have been re-engined, they used Tynes. Also, I have a feeling that the RN has some Tynes aboard ships as main generators etc. They were also used IIRC at gas pumping stations. I should try a call to Derby and speak to a rep there

FWIW Chris
Tynes are supported/overhauled by Rolls Royce ARO at Ansty near Coventry. I'd speak to someone there and maybe see if a deal could be done whereby they supply oil (or whatever else might be needed) in return for a large "Supported by RR" advert alongside the aircraft. Might be worth a shot. Theres enough Rolls Royce products around at Brooklands after all!