Sycamore

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

STK
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Sycamore

Post by STK »

Greetings,

My apologies if this subject has been broached before, but I cannot seem to locate a definitive answer to the following:

Does this group of simulation enthusiasts possess any number of additional liveries that may have been released following the publication of the freeware Bristol Sycamore helicopter by Rick Piper?

I am afraid that I have not been able to discover any, leading me to the belief that either zero additions have been published due to time or workload constraints, or any desired creative ventures in relation to this addon are prohibited. Would either assessment be correct?

If the former is simply true, I sincerely hope that we will begin to see an outpouring of additional liveries for this magnificent creation, and of course, if the latter is true, my apologies for initiating the topic! :)

Regarding a preliminary assumption that additional liveries simply have not had time to come to fruition, would this forum be willing to take a request for a non-fictional livery that is currently documented on an aviation-photography website?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,

-Sean

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Sycamore

Post by Garry Russell »

HI Sean

Welcome to the forums :hello:

Please note the Sycamore is WIP, unfinished and released as is.

It is not being repainted or modified in any way.

Any further moved on the project will be at Ricks discretion as and when he wishes. ;)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

Welcome to the forums Sean.
Nice to see you.
Nice you like the Sycamore. Join the Sean club. :xgrin:
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. a 'Sean' club! :xgrin:

STK.. as Garry pointed out, this is very much a WIP. Rick had it sitting on his HD with the possibility that no further work would be done on it so asked if folk wanted him to release it 'as is'. The overwhelming response was YES PLEASE so, against his better judgement, he has done just that. We can all wonder what a 'finished product' might have been like but as this may never happen.. a Sycamore part built is better than no Sycamore at all ;) As such.. it's very much a case of 'what you see is what there is' Sean :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

STK
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by STK »

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

I am aware of the fact that this model is, for lack of a better term, an "extended/indefinite beta" release. I simply was not sure if that status would prohibit the introduction of third party repaints, and it sounds like it does.
It is certainly an exceptional model though!

Thanks once again for the kind welcome,

-Sean

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Sean..

Rick usually states in the readme's if he's happy with repaints or not (usually it's ok). I note the readme with the Sycamore is somewhat shorter than the norm but hopefully, he'll nip onto this thread and let you know one way or the other ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Wildbillkelso
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Wildbillkelso »

If Rick won't mind, I'd be glad to roll this one into my paint shack:

http://www.hubschraubermuseum.de/expona ... -171-mk-52

A German Navy 'old colours' version would be nice too, but I'm still lacking of templates...

Cheers,
Markus.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Markus

That one (German SAR) and a Luftwaffe paint will be in the final release along with a few others.

texture maps will get optimized for FSX at least before release as the German ones need a cross on the tip of the fuselage behind the rotorhead

thats why no paintkit as it will all change before final.

Regards
Rick

Wildbillkelso
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Wildbillkelso »

Thats great news, Rick! :excited:

I thought you 'abandoned' the project - but now I can very much look foreward to your work.
Getting something done by others is even better than doing it on your own... :agree:

Cheers,
Markus.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Markus

I told everyone why the project was on hold when i release it as a WIP.

Regards
Rick