vc 10 50th

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

vc 10 50th

Post by ukmil »

50 years of the VC 10

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: vc 10 50th

Post by DaveB »

Nice one Gaffer :thumbsup:

Any idea where she's going (if anywhere) wearing the fin detail? We asked for a flypast at Brooklands a while ago and have been told that no aircraft are available. I appreciate there aren't many 10's left in service now.. 7 rings a bell but it does seem pointless painting one up if only the RAF are going to see it *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Next one to go Dave is on June 4th...so there must be one available on or after that date if they use that one :dunno:

Seems more like you can't...so there!!!...rather pull it out of the hangar and break it up than give you a flypast.

Well...maybe I'm being a little harsh, but I can't see that they are trying overly hard.

I'm sure they could spare one, even if not quite at the exact time Brooklands wanted it, but surely there must be one up, going out, or coming home.

Can they not just fly by on the way?
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You'd think that would be the solution wouldn't you. Perhaps something will turn up at the 11th hour :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

They're certainly playing hard to get

How far is Brize form Brooklands as the VC 10 flies....not as if it a request for a flyby of the Melbourne seafront.

It's only minuets surely??
Garry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I don't want to make it sound too difficult but there's some interesting controlled airspace thereabouts :lol: . Regardless, we're talking minutes rather than hours. They could be there and back in less time than it takes to get nicked for overstaying your welcome in an hours free parking space.. even going the scenic route ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Indeed mate :agree: ...but all it needs is a will which seems to be the one lacking element

It's a definite no no to fly over central London for many reasons, yet they manage flypast when they want them

the VC 10 is effectively finished which although still busy is being actively withdrawn.

By effectively finished I mean from an enthusiasts point of view who can forget the I'd like to see one someday expecting to bump into one (not literally) and effort must be made to find out when and when they Weill be around for possible a last look.

This really is looking like a missed opportunity as there are nine now and in two days it will be eight and so on :'(

The country can pull off a fiasco like the Olympics but not organise the flypast of a piece of national heritage over it's birthplace. :dunno:

Perhaps if they could be persuaded that as many people would be as much inconvenienced by this as the Olympics, they'll fly all eight back and forth all day. *-)
Garry

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Post by thomasburnside »

Gaffer when will you be releasing this to non club members.
Vulcan XH558 DONT Let Her Die She Wants To Fly.