HS780 repaint request

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

HS780 repaint request

Post by Motormouse »

Anyone up for painting this NZ one

---> http://www.flickriver.com/photos/111eme ... 099059209/

ta very much

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: HS780 repaint request

Post by Scorpius »

Speaking of which the Andover used in Norway (XS637) was finished in a gloss as (opposed to matt) brown and sand camo, always wanted a repaint of it please........................ :hide:

Nev

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I don't want to pee on anyones parade but I don't think a PK was released for the 780 (or 748 for that matter) and the maps were notoriously fiddly from what I remember. Ben Hartmann was one of the few who braved the storm and all of his paints are at Allnodes. A nice one there from Andy Nott too in the later style camo. Good luck with the requests anyway ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Yes Dave raises the issue :agree:

Due the the PK being a modded 748 the liveries can't always be done properly.

Although, as Dave says some painters did, they had to compromise the accuracy on some more than I, for example, was prepared to do.

It's to do with a common section of the fuse meaning details and titling can't be put in certain places.

I was a bit irritated when a request was made and I pointed out it couldn't be done properly and a notorious painter did it to prove me wrong. It was done, very incorrectly for the reasons above that I had already stated in the request would need to be done to achieve it. It was put up as a sort of yes it can, I've done it 'vein' boasting how well he'd done to manage to do 'the impossible'

Rick did all the piants for the release not even asking anyone else to help out as he picked the ones that could be done and left it at that.
This is why there has never been many and are unlikely to be even though some could be done OK.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."