Fieseler Storch G-STCH

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DaveB
The Ministry

Fieseler Storch G-STCH

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps..

For anyone with the FSADDON Fieseler Storch.. here's a quick paint of Old Warden based G-STCH

Pointless trying to make it look 'worn' because the real aircraft is immaculate :lol: Maps are half size at 1024 (I have 2048 maps if req). Pilots left wearing Luftwaffe clobber ;) The 2 circular artifacts and the triangular one behind shown in the first shot are a consequence of the authors over exuberance with the bump map. Pulling the main maps down to 1024 has got rid of it/them ;)
EDIT: Pulling the map size down didn't get rid I'm afraid. I did final testing in the UK and the later time of day/difference in light makes them go away. Early morning/late afternoon and they show. Will get rid if anyone is bothered :) Also, the oil cooler colour has changed recently to black. I have a black version on the shelf if required ;)

EDIT#2.. Version 2 available HERE
This ver has black cooler (I know you'll want that) and revised rear spec map to get rid of those unsightly bits for good ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

rohan
Trident
Trident

Re: Fieseler Storch G-STCH

Post by rohan »

Oh, crikey ...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It may not be my preference for paint schemes, but I'll gladly take anything for this bird. I just wish there were more repaints for it.

Oh, did I say "thank you", because I really should since it looks great (if rather plain) ? Well done, Dave.

Best regards,
Ro
:cheers:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Blimey.. someone has downloaded it! :-O :lol:

You're welcome mate ;) I got a bit exhausted with helicopters I wanted to paint (I still have around 5 Nemeth Bo105 paints to release) and looked around for something different. Stumbled over the Storch sitting there un-flown for ages and thought 'I wonder if there are any Brit paints for it'?. After a search, I found there weren't any so I threw 'UK registered Fieseler Storch' into Google and G-STCH popped up :) I agree, it's not the most inspiring paint is it but.. you can fly it (in Luftwaffe uniform) knowing that you're really G-STCH and that works for me ;) I also tapped in 'Captured Fieseler Storch' and an interesting vid threw up from Old Warden showing 'STCH' with a group of those re-enactment bods who turn up at these events wearing the proper rig. Two were dressed as Luftwaffe officers and climbed into the Storch. They looked for the world like the model :lol: There are possibly 2 other paints.. G-BZOB which is a replica (I think they're 3/4 size) and G-BPHZ. I didn't fancy doing a replica.. the nose is all wrong.. but STCH threw up loads of ref shots so I did that one instead :) I'll see what I can find for BPHZ.

I love the model and this gives me an excuse to fly it more often ;) Anything wrong with it.. just give me a shout ;)

... and thank you for downloading it :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've looked at BPHZ and it's a Morane-Saulnier MS-505 Criquet.. a French built Storch which uses a radial. Last phots I can find are 2006 and it's permit to fly expired in 2009. It was still insured in 2012 though and is still in this country owned by ARC as far as I know :)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Dave,
you paint it and I'll grab it eagerly, if not greedily ...

You could still do BPHZ as there's a great model of the MS-505 at FlightSim for FS9 by Guy Hulin, though I haven't found a paint kit for it. The filename is mora505.zip if you're interested.

Looking forward to any more you may find time to do,
best regards,
Ro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If you're at a loose end with the brushes G-ARTA needs done ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Ben,
that may be true, and I'd LOVE to see the BOAC colours on a Storch but ...

:OT:

regs,
Ro

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If you're at a loose end with the brushes G-ARTA needs done
Surely, we already have a paint for G-ARTA or are you saying you've worn the paint off yours? :lol: I couldn't paint anything Garry might be interested in mate. He'd have the magnifying glass on it and I can't be doing with close scrutiny. AI LOD 16.. that's me :lol:

I'll keep my eye open for anymore suitable Storch paints Ro ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

My old man. god rest his soul, bagged a Storch with a Bren, Normandy 1944.

(Mind you, the rest of the regiment was having a pop at it too, so let's call it a share of a Storch :cheers: )

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A 'share' is better than none at all ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage