2012 Display Hawk

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DaleRFU
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

2012 Display Hawk

Post by DaleRFU »

Hi all,

New guy to the forum here. I decided to attempt to paint this scheme on the Skysim Hawk, its coming along ok so far although I have hit a few texture mapping issues as you can see below. I have tried to fix the top of the wings but I can because there are two different areas that use the same single mapping area if that makes sense? Its not as bad as the underside but I will attempt to try and fix that if I can. Let me know what you guys think

OETB20 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
OETB21 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
OETB22 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr

Regards
Dale
:hello:

DaleRFU
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: 2012 Display Hawk

Post by DaleRFU »

I have been messing around on it all afternoon trying to get it to look right and this is as far as I can get, I am happy with it in general but it is just that mapping error that is a slight problem. But here it is now and I will be releasing it like this unless anyone puts there had up and offers to help me with it but I have tried and no more luck.

2012 Hawk1 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
2012 Hawk2 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
2012 Hawk3 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr
2012 Hawk4 by DaleRFU1, on Flickr

Regards
Dale

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: 2012 Display Hawk

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dale :)

That's a stiking paint scheme. Damn shame about the underwing mapping but there are some things you just can't plan for.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!