Jordanian Scout

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

meatyllama
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Jordanian Scout

Post by meatyllama »

I had a childhood memory of making the Airfix Scout but opting for the snazzy red and white Jordanian paintjob. Anyone fancy a challenge? Having a red day today. Also memories of Redair's Britannia from the tv series Buccaneers. Does that count as fictional? I remember seeing it in the flesh, at Luton in about 78

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Jordanian Scout

Post by Garry Russell »

The 'Redair' grounded prop (G-AOVS) is still a fuse at Luton. Very derelict the Redcoat port and Redair starboard titles could still be just read last time I saw anything about it.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

meatyllama
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by meatyllama »

I remember cycling to luton and back aged about 15 from Milton Keynes to go spotting. Looking back at it a 60 mile round trip on a pushbike to visit an airport on top of a hill makes me shudder!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

meatyllama wrote:I had a childhood memory of making the Airfix Scout but opting for the snazzy red and white Jordanian paintjob. Anyone fancy a challenge? Having a red day today. Also memories of Redair's Britannia from the tv series Buccaneers. Does that count as fictional? I remember seeing it in the flesh, at Luton in about 78
All I can say is what they shout at the hot rod festivals: "Show us your pics!" (or something like that) :lol: