New RN arrivals

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: New RN arrivals

Post by TSR2 »

Come on Dave... Only 231 layers :rofl:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

No bother on the hi-jack Dave :rock: I'd have all those paints for the Samson but somehow.. I just can't bring myself to like it enough to buy it. I have the FS9 version knocking around but not the FSX one. Now.. the MH53 on the other hand :lol: I have that but never considered any repaints for it. I think BEARS would do a treat. I could flood the Scillies with bods in one flight :lol:

I keep going back to the UH1 but that paintkit is also a mare. Essential bits are in the dirt layer when IMHO.. they should be elsewhere. It was easier in the end to buy the Cera 212 and enjoy someone else's paints :lol:

I fancy doing the UH60 'Lynx' type paint in a much lighter grey too :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

This is where I stopped fiddling when I went to work this morning..

I dunno really *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Never liked the Blackhawk and its derivatives. I think Mr. Hessletine's rhetoric from the Westland EH101 days stuck, and its not a good looking aircraft IMHO. ;)

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The paint itself looks good :thumbsup: , just not sure about the aircraft underneath :lol:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That'll do me then. I'll fill the grey bits in then bin it :lol:

It's actually quite a nice model to fly which is why I even bothered with it in the first place (repainting it that is). I've quite a few I wouldn't even throw a tin of Humbrol at! :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Knowing how much you all love the UH60.. here's what the RAF Rescue looked like when I closed the hangar doors on it..

What next I wonder (model that is..)??? *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

There's a whole host of NAD Bucs and Sea Venoms you could do if you like. There were a fleet of Devons used for internal RAE flights, and one did the first ever blind landing. Then there were the Vikings and Valettas, Wessex and Puma too. Infact one of the early RAE helis was a Whirlwind in RN markings. Bedford seemed to have very close ties with RN. ;) :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's never had very close ties with me though :lol:

Bucc's and Sea Venoms hey *-) TBH.. I fly the Bucc as much as I've flown the Vulcan. Dunno what it is exactly but I just don't get on with the Bucc. Is there not an RAE paint for the freeware UKMIL Bucc? Surely someone must have done an RAE paint for it by now :lol:
Sea Venoms.. you'll think I'm copping out here but I much prefer the Sea Vampire and tend to only fly that Mk. It's like the FAW1 and FAW2 Sea Vixen.. I only ever fly the FAW1 ;)
What else is on your list? I'm sure there's an RAE paint of sorts for the Valetta *-)
Wessex and Puma :dunno: I have Brian's Wessex in FSX but haven't flown his Puma in it at all. If I fly a Puma.. it's the ugly ND Super Puma which isn't often. :lol: AFAIA.. there are no PK's for his Wessex or Puma so any repaint of those has to be done from scratch.. eg, lines, rivets, shading e t c Is there a PK for the old Alpha S-55? I'll see if I can find a pic of an RAE Whirlything and see if it can be shoehorned onto the S-55 if you like. I don't fly that often but I do fly it every now and again :cpu:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

:lol:

TBH Dave, the RAE whirlwind was in RN colours as it was operated by the Naval Air Department from what I can see. The buccs and phantoms weren't in ripple, they were RN with some markings for measurements such as the black and white quarter circles etc.

What about a Scimitar :lol:

ImageImageImage