JY AI Repaint... Pretty Please

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: JY AI Repaint... Pretty Please

Post by DaveG »

Dave, if you scroll down to the 3-view, right click and "save image as" should work. Did for me anyway :lol:

Ben, re.rotors, it can't be eliminated without re-compiling the model. The effect may be able to be reduced via textures though. I'll have a look later. Works fine in P3d though! :lol:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've just thrown the T4 paint onto the T8 and Dave's hunch about the nose stretch is bang on. The text now reads fine.. the rest looks sh1te but the text is fine :lol:

I'll have a play this afternoon to see if I can mate the two PK's so what you may end up with is a T4 paint on a T8 that looks more like a T8 paint if that makes sense. If I can find where the model is pulling textures from.. it may be easier to make it look more like a T4 (the T4 has less white visible from the side).

ATB
Dave :)
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

After a few more hours slog, I'm still not sure how far this is going to go. This is the T4 map on the T8 (this doesn't really matter as they're so close they're inseparable). I still have bleed thru from white to camo and likewise, camo pulling from reverse sides of the model.

It's not bad from a distance but go too close and you'll wish you hadn't :lol: I've kept the undersides white (dragged in from the RN paint) and the more I look at the shots, the more it looks like some other colour.. similar I guess to the RN Whirlwind lower fuse 8)

ATB
Dave :cpu:
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That's a spotty dog Dave :thumbsup: lovely Stuff. It will work perfectly. I've set up a AI flight plan to take off from the VTOL grate on R00, as my ramp is invisible to AI, and it seems to work a treat, so this will finish it off nicely. many thanks :welldone: :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I'll keep chipping away to see if I can get it better. Logos need to be resized a little and one or two other bits and pieces. I'll send it over when I've had enough :lol:

ATB
Dave :cpu:
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ben..

I can't resolve the bleed issue on the RH side (white on the rear fuse).. in fact I can't resolve the RH side at all. The left is perfect (moreso anyway) and the paint parts are the same 8) Anyhoo.. as long as you don't climb right up to it, it should do. I've included my PSD too should you feel the urge to play :lol: Drop the texture into your RN Harrier AI (not VTOL) folder and either take the cfg entry off the included cfg or just drop the config in there replacing the old one. This IS the old one (complete) with the RAE Harrier included ;)

RAE_Harrier

Sorry it's not bang-on mate. I don't like letting it go really but I've lost the will to continue.. for now anyway :(
ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Dave,

Very much appreciated indeed. I'm having to take a night off as SWMBO is loosing all patients with me being glued to Sketchup / ADE / MCX / FSX. On at least 3 occasions this week "I'll be up in 5 minutes" has translated to 3+ hours :worried:

I've sussed the AI harrier on RW00. It should be fairly similar for the heli(s) once I find out where they parked up. Still not sure what to do with the catapults and arresters. So in the mean time, ill go through the models and try to sort the flickering. I do fancy that Wessex though ;)

Ah, that was the other one... A Gnat. Need to take a look at the old Simshed model :lol: :worried:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The Wessex should be a walk in the park.. when I've drawn all the panel lines and made my own paintkit for it :lol:

What I want from you are AI flightplans for all these b1oody Harriers now :lol:

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi mate,

Its not standard AI flightplans. I've made a "shadow" airport that sits under Thurleigh. The shadow airport controls RW00. I'll create another shadow airport for the helicopters too. I fancy doing something on the NAD side too, but not sure how I'm going to play that one. I might be able to bastardise an air file to make it look like an AI Navy Phantom or Scimitar is using the CAT even if its not. *-) Its just a real shame that I cant put an active cat or arrester in the scenery files.

ImageImageImage