JY AI Repaint... Pretty Please

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: JY AI Repaint... Pretty Please

Post by DaveB »

I dunno if the resolution of the map is the problem. It may be at something ridiculous like 92dpi (I think it's 92) which is adequate for John's models but something so low will not accept detail. Back in the dark days of doing 2D panels, I always made them at least 200dpi otherwise you couldn't put text on it and make it readable 8) This would explain why text on the map has to be so small and why it won't display. Dunno why but at a first glance, the canopy is coming out crap too. It's nothing I've done as I knicked it off another paint :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:OT:

Incidentally.. anyone know where I can get a good 3view of a Wessex? I'll have a go at the RAE Wessex but need a 3view for panel lines, Brian's paints were done mainly from phots (something the gaffer does too) :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

My best laid plans are faltering too. Having finally got the harrier to line up on the skijump runway, in AI form it goes right through it! :lol: I think I can do something with the VTOL one using the clearing in the woods though, no ramp needed there :wall: :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Oh dear :lol:

Well.. it wasn't the resolution of the map.. it was at 300dpi so I don't understand why what was happening was happening. Anyhoo.. I've upped the map to 2048. Let's see if the model likes that :lol:

ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Dave. Theres actually a VAAC Harrier on the UKMIL site, which should be the right model (T2) but I'm getting a broken link when I try to download it, however not sure if its the link or my membership. I've dropped a note to the Gaffer anyway, so we'll see what happens. :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Oh dear oh dear..

See what I mean about the text *-) Actually.. this is the original text, I didn't update it on the larger map so perhaps it will come right. The HS logo is visible at any rate :lol: Look at the white underside though. The map is pulling from all over the shop :(( Maybe I can get to the bottom of it but it's gonna take more work than a 5min reg change and Bob's your uncle :cpu:

RE UKMIL.. it won't let me in anymore despite being a fully paid up member. See if it's available at Allnodes. I found the Wasp there this afternoon (though to be honest, I wish I hadn't). Sorry Gaffer if you look in but the Wasp just isn't right.. at all :(
ATB
Dave :)
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

DaveB wrote::OT:

Incidentally.. anyone know where I can get a good 3view of a Wessex? I'll have a go at the RAE Wessex but need a 3view for panel lines, Brian's paints were done mainly from phots (something the gaffer does too) :worried:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Have a look here Dave:http://www.scribd.com/doc/172734385/War ... and-Wessex

The quality's not the best though *-)
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Looking at that paint Dave, it looks like the mapping has gone screwy :( Maybe when he stretched the nose out whilst modelling. Try the paint on the T8 model as that doesn't have the extended nose, the mapping may be better. :dunno:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Dave.. can that be saved? I say this y'know and I have a cd with a zillion copies of the Warpaint series on. If only I could find it 8) The 3views on there are fine. I only want them for basic panel lines. There will be no shading on Ben's paint.. he'll have to use his imagination :lol:

ATB
Dave :cpu:
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

RE the Wessex, is there anything that can be done re the disappearing rotors in FSX (when in front of clouds etc) *-)

ImageImageImage