Paint colours

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Paint colours

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I haven't done any repainting in a long time but I thought I'd splash a bit of paint around for a change. I'm thinking of doing a BA Landor scheme but I wondered if any knowledgeable chaps in here knew what the RGB values were for the Landor blue, red and 'pearl grey' colours. I think I've found good sources to get the BA font right (unless someone knows where you can get the actual font) and I've found several good examples of the BA crest I can use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Larry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Paint colours

Post by Garry Russell »

Larry, the grey was called Perl grey and the Blue was midnight blue and different to the negus or Chatham.

The font is a special one for BA and not publically available although there are suitable vector files around.

If you want you can download my BAC One-Eeleven for Maersk UK and use whatever you want off of that. You can get the RGB values I used.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Thanks Garry.

It just occurred to me that I have several different models in FSX that have the Landor scheme so I could check the RGB values for those too. DOH! :doh:
Larry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Double check though as not many painter accuratly research the livreries. This is why we've had Negus and Landor 737's put out together with just the tail changed and a speedstripe added for Landor.

The grey was much darker than is usually thought as pics tended to lighten it almost to white.

In reality it did lighten over time which is why originally the door surrounds were in white and then later changed as it no longer stood out clear on the grey.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Roger that. I will sample all of them and see what they report for RGB.
Larry