G-SIXT - Classic British... Cherokee?!

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Re: G-SIXT - Classic British... Cherokee?!

Post by Nick M »

I'd have to agree Garry. Also rather a shame that BSAA didn't last long enough to develop its own iconic livery. Having read 'Master Airman', the biography of Don Bennett a while back, the history of BSAA is fascinating stuff.

Anyway, this is another repaint which I though may be of interest if there are any A2A Cherokee flyers lurking here. It's a paint scheme once worn by G-AVSF (she's got a spangly new paint job now). I think part of the appeal for me was that it's reminiscent of the dashing 'raspberry ripple' livery worn by the RAE/ETPS. Lots of nice pics of raspberry rippled aircraft over at this link by the way. (See - I'm trying to keep this vaguely on topic! ;) )

A few other pics and a download link over at this thread on the A2A forum.

Cheers,
Nick

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Very nice Nick

Beautifully sharp with those lines...first class
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Indeed.. a fine paint :rock: You're not gonna make me go out and buy the b100dy Cherokee are you? *-)

:lol: :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Nick M »

Thanks gents! :) You know Dave, without wishing to sound like an A2A salesman, It's been a while since an FS add-on has given me this much fun! It sure is an atmospheric little beast, and definitely not to be compared with Carenado offerings. When I first saw preview shots of the Cherokee, to be honest, I wasn't that excited. However, it's just crept its way in under my skin (and not in a bad way like a fungal infection! :-O)

If PA-28 variants just 'aren't your thing', I'll admit it's not exactly the cheapest of add-ons! I seem to be following an oddly backward path in my flight simming: I think my first payware add-on was the original PSS 777 (probably over a decade ago) and I've finally graduated to... a 1960s Cherokee!

Now - seeing as this is a repaint thread, would this alluring 'baby poo brown' panel mod be enough to push you over the edge? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay - maybe not! ;)

Best wishes,
Nick

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Yes.. it's typically 'of it's day' isn't it. Not the most endearing colour but if you only look at the instruments, it's not so bad :lol:

I did check out the price and found $39 rather too steep for casual use. The majority (if not all) of my Carenado models were bought either at a discount from them or in a sale from other vendors so their 'lack of use' is less painful.. even though I have a lot of em! :wall: Your BOAC/BEA paint prompted me to go and find a 'G' reg for the Archer which now sits nicely with the 'one' I have for the Skymaster and 'one' for the C185F. Whenever I fly the F33A or V35B, it's always with the 'blank' texture (boring) and I can't remember the last time I flew the C90! :dunno: Folk are repainting for models I don't have which is downright bad planning :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I think it looks great. GA stuff isn't my bag, but the 14 hours I did do where in G-BGKS, G-SEJW and G-BUMP and I loved every minute of it :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage