Quality Wings 146 FS9

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Quality Wings 146 FS9

Post by Swanoir »

Hello lads, I've had the FS9 version of the QW 146/RJ for a while now. I've got all the repaints from their website but I'm very disappointed with the lack of extra paints. I was looking forward to a range of British liveries such as Dan Air, Air UK etc. but they never seemed to materialise. Or have they? I'd really appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of a secret bunch of paints! I've searched our posts here but only came up with a couple of dead links. Thanks in advance ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Quality Wings 146 FS9

Post by DaveB »

Hi Alex :hello:

Dave Garwood did a number of paints for the QW model but it was a tale of two halves. The RJ model was released first and there are differences between the mapping on this and the later released 146. Also.. by the time the QW model was released, Dave had moved on to FSX so as a result.. he didn't do any for FS9.. as far as I remember. Have a look in our library for the repaints he did but I think most if not all are for FSX.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks Dave, on to it now...
So far, as far as I can see it's just for FSX. Which is fair enough these days. Many thanks anyway :)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Quite a few of those paints are FS9 ones. BA Express is both FS9 and X, and if I remember correctly the Dan Air and Queens Flight ones are FS9.
If there are any of those you want for FS9 that are FSX only at the moment, it shouldn't be a hard job to convert them for you. (if I can find the FS9 paintkit :lol: )
I'm away at the moment, but will be back in a few days. Let me know.
Dave G.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks for that Dave, very kind of you. I've tried installing the Queen's Flight and Dan Air paints, but the QW Dispatcher throws up the 'You cannot install FSX liveries in FS9' message. 8) Which is a shame as they look fantastic! :thumbsup:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

*-) Odd, I know the Queens Flight ones were originally done for FS9, then converted for X.
I'm away at the moment, with a limited internet connection, but when I get back, I'll check out those paints and convert them as necessary. :)
Dave G.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Thanks Dave, please don't feel pressured! In your own time ;) Seriously, much appreciated and thanks.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Alex..

I'll have a look on my FS9 pc. I'm not sure what state the QW model is in (after updates e t c) but I may have at least some of those paints. Give me a tic and I'll check for you ;)

EDIT: See if there's anything in HERE you can use. They're all FS9.. mostly Flybe but there are a couple of BA in there too. All the others I have on my FS9 pc are for FSX or it doesn't say. They have thumbnails so I'm presuming they're FSX.

EDIT#2 Found these links for more of DG's FS9 paints..
ZE701
ZE700
TITAN
BAExpress
ZE707
:)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Had a thought last night :-O QW changed the way their Dispatcher proggy worked when they released the FSX models to make sure only FSX paints got installed into FSX and vice-versa. If I remember correctly, the .qwl file name must have either FSX or FS9 in it. My original FS9 paints didn't have that so maybe that's why you're having trouble. If the paints in the links DaveB has posted don't work, try renaming the qwl file to xxxx_FS9.qwl (xxxx being the original filename)
Another thing to note, all the FS9 paints I did were for the RJ series, as the 146 ones hadn't been released at that time. The RJ paints will mostly fit the 146's with a bit of jigging about, although the wing textures on the RJ70 / 146-100 are different. (I think!)
Dave G.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Success! Adding 'FS9' to the filename was all it took. So ZE700.qwl becomes ZE700_FS9.qwl and Bob's yer uncle :thumbsup: Well done lads, great job and many thanks :welldone: Now I'm off to do some flying...