Captainsim L1011 - Caledonian

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Captainsim L1011 - Caledonian

Post by Effoh »

Admins,

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this, hope this ok.

Does anyone have a Caledonian repaint for the CS Tristar? I understand from looking at their site that one was done for the exterior model before it became the 'Captain' but it appears to have gone AWOL. Was hoping someone here may have it.

Thanks folks.
Last edited by Effoh on 16 Jun 2015, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Captainsim L1011 - Caledonian

Post by DaveB »

Sadly.. no help from me Colin. I went down the JF route :cpu: Surprised even that doesn't have a BCal paint among the million you get :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

Guys,
I was intrigued by the use of both Caledonian and BCal here as I've always thought they were the same airline, so did some reading on what turned out to be two separate entities at Wikipedia. While I recognise that it's not always the best source for information, it seems that BCal didn't operate the TriStar but Caledonian (Airways) did, which leads me to the whole point of my post - JF do have a Caledonian repaint for their 1011. It's in the add-on pack 2, and that's the main reason I bought the pack when it was on sale last year.

ATB
Ro
:cheers:

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Thanks folks, guess I'll just have to stick with Cathay Pacific :thumbsup:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. sri Ro.. my bad on the BCal. Even knowing they're separate entities.. my fingers type BCal regardless of what signals my brain is sending :lol:

Rgr on the Caledonian paint in the addon pack :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Guys , 'Fraid i'm still on fs 9 . Have an incorrect Mike Stone L1011 - 500 [ 3 door , no2 eng filet ] with Caledonian G-BBAF livery . Also for same incorrect model a Cale-Lingus livery of BBAF , but incorrectly reg'd as G-BOAF . Flown and painted for a 3 year Shamrock contract . Callsign was always a bit of a prob for those of us who'd just come down to Airwick Gatport from Heathrow.........'' Shanwick ,Shanwick , Speed..bXXXXr , Cale..bXXXXr , Aer ..sod it SHAMROCK 106 on 5s '' shouted over the HF . Ken Mitchell panel is ok 'tho .
A better model of an L1011- 100 in 't hangar is a Vista liners Beta model , nearest livery is a British Airtours Landor [ fore runner of the modern Cale ]of G-BBAJ or Alpha Junk as we labelled her . She stayed as a -1 , was never upgraded to a -100 [ thrust bump ! max weight uplift and minor bits, strengthened u/c ] after a mate rolled off the runway at Leeds and down a '' bit of an embankment '' . If any help let us know .
A bit late , but still looking for a better Tristar model for fs9 . Is CS better and will it do fs 9 ?

rgds dave f .

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

DaveF,
FWIW, I know of two FS9 TriStars apart from the Mike Stone model -

freeware - Erick Cantu / VistaLiners / HJG -
http://simviation.com//hjg/downloads.htm
The model itself may be the same as the one you have, but HJG have made various updates to the overall simulation.

payware - Aerosim -
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0909/Aerosim/CL2.htm
http://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/a-product ... _2k4_e.htm

HTH,
Ro
:OB:

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Rohan , thank you for that info . i'll look them up .

rgds dave f .

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I have both of those Dave. Not sure what happened but the Aerosim model started kicking out errors on my WinXP SP3 rig.. it was fine before SP3 :dunno: Ended up using the Erik Cantu model from then on (the one in my FSA sig) :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

oops,
I forgot to mention a third model - Rey Lopez. Look for filenames adsl1011.zip and ads1011c.zip at FlightSim.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... &fid=75386
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... &fid=75385

I wasn't sure if this was an FS9 native model but it's recorded as such, though it's definitely an earlier FS9 model ...

:wall: