A2A T6 KF729 (G-BJST) wip

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Re: A2A T6 KF729 (G-BJST) wip

Post by Nick M »

Very nice repaint Dave. :) I've only just got round to installing a few extra paint schemes for the T-6 and I'll most certainly check this one out, so thank you!
Paul K wrote:Over all, what do you think of the A2A T-6 ?
I'll chip in too if I may Paul. As I think I've mentioned before, I wasn't overly excited when A2A announced the T-6. Though I've become a firm fan of the Accu-Sim philosophy and products, I didn't feel any particular connection to the T-6. However, having got my sticky paws on it, I can't seem to leave the thing alone. It's certainly a lot more genteel and stately than something like the P-51 but this is an advantage in many ways I think. In other words, it doesn't feel like it's actively trying to kill me during take-off. In fact its handling feels, well, suitably "trainerish".
DaveG wrote:Much is made of the tricky handling, especially landing, but it seems too easy to me.
In fact, I thought much the same as DaveG: "this seems almost too easy!" That is, until I tried a couple of landings with a crosswind component! :worried: Even without a crosswind though, I've found it's a good idea to treat the thing with respect until it actually comes to a halt. ;)

Though there are one-or-two aspects that are a little disappointing (lack of proper spin behaviour and the absence of a nice dim red cockpit lighting option) I really am enjoying it tremendously. In spite of the fairly modern cockpit fit, the interior is still atmospheric and immersive, and flying it just feels good: little things like the fact that it communicates the weight of that R-1340 up front so convincingly as the speed bleeds off, and the way it seems to fidget around a little on approach. Only time will tell how long the appeal lasts, but I've clocked-up around 18 hours already; mostly just flying circuits!

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. No issues here with excessive vibration effects either. Though it rattles a bit with take-off power, once I pull the throttle and prop back, things seem to settle down nicely. I understand the vibration effects can be affected by FPS, so that may be something to consider.

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

T6flyer wrote:As I having lots of hours in the real thing find it a handful on most occasions. Never ever have I had to concentrate so much before on the approach and at times arrival! What simulators should really be like!
I couldn't agree more. I have had one flight in a real T6 and this seems very real to me. Yes it's a handful on the approach but it is flyable with care and attention to the numbers. The only thing I find odd is the lag between throttle adjustment and the engine changing power and the annoying stops and coughs which seem more extreme than I would expect - on the other hand I wasn't let get anywhere near the engine controls on my flight so I can't say if this is right or not. Great work T6flyer and all the other guys on the team. :welldone:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Contraire to popular belief.. I don't dislike the Texan :lol:

It's a lovely model as are all A2A models but it's never going to be a favourite. I think the same can be said for all other A2A models I have too. I think you must have a certain affinity with the aircraft type for it to become 'a favourite' and nothing A2A have produced falls squarely into that category for me. Their Spitfire is the closest. At the end of the barge pole.. it's more about my favourite aircraft and buying models I don't really want :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Martin, Nick, John, and Dave B, thanks for all the info. I can't see myself not getting this, as I've thoroughly enjoyed everything else A2A has released. As said before, both here and on the A2A forum, the T-6 has never really grabbed me in real life, but then neither had the Piper Cherokee until I bought the A2A one - it's now one of my favourite flight sim aircraft, and I always look out for them at Duxford when there's a bit of G.A. around. Same goes for the two Cessnas and the Comanche, I suppose. I'll get the Harvard later this week.

And roll on the A2A T-33. That's an aircraft I'm really looking forward to. I hope they don't drop the development.

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Nick M »

Paul K wrote:And roll on the A2A T-33. That's an aircraft I'm really looking forward to. I hope they don't drop the development.
Unless it's to create something like a Gloster Meteor instead. The T-33 is another type which has never really appeared on my radar, but I suspect the Accu-Sim version (should it materialise) will change that pretty quick. :)

Cheers,
Nick

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

DaveB wrote:Contraire to popular belief.. I don't dislike the Texan :lol:

It's a lovely model as are all A2A models but it's never going to be a favourite. I think the same can be said for all other A2A models I have too. I think you must have a certain affinity with the aircraft type for it to become 'a favourite' and nothing A2A have produced falls squarely into that category for me. Their Spitfire is the closest. At the end of the barge pole.. it's more about my favourite aircraft and buying models I don't really want :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Affinity?...I think I need help. Can't really tell you how much the aeroplane means to me and why. Just always been my favourite and always will be. Ever since a little lad it was Harvards and nothing else (ask my parents). But wouldn't change it for the world. Done so many wonderful things over the last 30 years and now more busy than ever. Working with A2A was a worthy experience and something for me that little bit out of the ordinary.

Best wishes,

Martin