JY AI RAF Phantom 892Sqn FAA repaints

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

DaveB
The Ministry

JY AI RAF Phantom 892Sqn FAA repaints

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Chaps..

Here's a set of repaints for John Young's AI RAF Phantom depicting 892Sqn FAA. They don't need close scrutiny so please don't say this is wrong and that is wrong :lol: The model isn't set up to map for the RN colours so I already know which bits aren't right.

The paint is setup to match the 892 paint done for the Milviz F-4J by DaveQ (available at all good outlets) and will give you nose numbers 002-007.

Grab a copy HERE
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: JY AI RAF Phantom 892Sqn FAA repaints

Post by DaveG »

Cheers Dave. :thumbsup: Haven't got the Milviz Phantom (yet), but grabbed a copy of these anyway. :)
Dave G.

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

Looking good Dave!

Still have my 892 Patch from 1978 in a frame in my office...

Slight off topic conversation, has anyone read / reading "British Carrier Strike Fleet since 1945" By David Hobbs? Great read... he does not pull any punches with his opinions of the MOD and the Light Blue!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

sketchy74 wrote:Looking good Dave!

Still have my 892 Patch from 1978 in a frame in my office...

Slight off topic conversation, has anyone read / reading "British Carrier Strike Fleet since 1945" By David Hobbs? Great read... he does not pull any punches with his opinions of the MOD and the Light Blue!
It's something I keep meaning to buy but keep forgetting :wall: Andy Ford flagged it over at FStns and it's been on my 'to buy' list ever since. I will order it IDC.. after leaving a suitable time after my Warbird Series Phantom FG1/FGR2 has hit the doormat :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!