New Repaint For Trident Please

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

New Repaint For Trident Please

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Can any talented livery painter please be kind enough to paint Channel Airways Continental livery on Trident plane using present day painting technology so that the airline font on both sides of the plane and both side of the tail would look crisp sharp, please?

Maybe very kind livery painter Tom Beckett who did superb and crisp sharping repaint of yellow British Airway livery on Trident at my request can do Channel Airways Continental livery with crisp sharp fonts and cool shiny gold tail and shiny engine covers, please?

Thank you for any consideration.

As always, any repainter agreeing to repaint this will be rewarded handsomely with set of beautiful screenshots featuring his or her repaint describing flight from Channel Islands to London or from London to Channel Islands.

I always want to try mach 0.88 on that Trident plane Ha ha ha That is unless famous Trident pilot Peter McLeland tells me it is not realistic.

Regards,

Aharon

Thank you for any consideration.

As always, any repainter agreeing to repaint this will be rewarded handsomely with set of beautiful screenshots featuring his or her repaint describing flight from Channel Islands to London or from London to Channel Islands.

Regards,

Aharon

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: New Repaint For Trident Please

Post by FlyTexas »

Some time ago a guy using the name "ricardo_tv" released an updated version of Mr. Maltby's Trident for use in FSX. The updated model accepts DDS textures. I've downloaded the Channel Airways repaint by the late great Garry Russell and I've converted the textures to the DDS format. I've also sharpened the textures just a bit. I'm not sure if this is up to the standards you're looking for Aharon.

The model updated by "ricardo_tv" can be downloaded here...
http://simviation.com/1/download?file=H ... leId=41621

Garry's repaint can be found here...
http://simviation.com/fs2004jets118.htm

And I'll upload my copy of the updated textures if anyone is interested.

Brian

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

FlyTexas wrote:
19 Jul 2017, 17:46
I've downloaded the Channel Airways repaint by the late great Garry Russell and I've converted the textures to the DDS format. I've also sharpened the textures just a bit. I'm not sure if this is up to the standards you're looking for Aharon. And I'll upload my copy of the updated textures if anyone is interested.
It is worth the try to see if it will work for my close up screenshots. Can you please send me the sharpened textures, please? Also, do I have to use ricardo_tv's FSX Trident model base to use your sharpened livery or will the sharpened livery work on normal version of Trident???

Thanks,

Aharon

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Hi Aharon. :hello: Here is the link to the updated textures.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3HzMK ... sp=sharing

Yes, you'll want to use ricardo_tv's modified Trident model. Have a good day Aharon. :)

Brian

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Thanks a zillion and I will try your sharpened livery tonight to see if it works.

Regards,

Aharon

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:) :thumbsup:

Brian

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

FlyTexas,

I tested your sharpened livery and it seemed to be better. I will try my luck with your sharpened livery in my coming flight soon (few days later) taking lots of close up screenshots which you can judge to see if it works or not. Best part is that I used your sharpened livery on my current Trident model base by Maltby instead of ricardo_tv's Trident model base

Once again, many thanks for your kindness.

Regards,

Aharon

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I'm very happy that the sharpened livery is working for you, Aharon. :)

Brian

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Aharon , M.88 should be fine . We've seen M.92 when the autopilot tucked under just after top of descent on a T2 once . Don't forget your Vmo whilst watching Mach . I believe that the T1s had over 400kts IAS in the early days , but when we came on the fleet [ '73 ] Vmo for T1s and T2s was 365 , and for the T3 350 kts IAS.
A little memory bug thinks maybe Mmo was M.887 .....or was that the 744 ?

rgds dave f .

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

dfarrow wrote:
21 Jul 2017, 17:46
Aharon , M.88 should be fine . We've seen M.92 when the autopilot tucked under just after top of descent on a T2 once .
Wooo woooo wooooo wooooo

Going to make my first MACH 0.88 or 0.89 flight!! Does not even happen to present era modern airliner planes!!

Woooo woooooo

Hope Vatsim controllers do not think I am out of my mind picking mach 0.88 or 0.89 speed LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Aharon