D. Garwood Hunter T7 - 4FTS repaint

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

D. Garwood Hunter T7 - 4FTS repaint

Post by delta_lima »

Hello all,

Am wondering if at someone knows if his lovely two-hole (or single) was ever repainted in 70s era advanced fast jet training red/white colours, as per say what it wore during the 4FTS years, like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/4780045258

or this:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... 245628.jpg

Flying the FSX version in P3D - still looks as good as ever - thanks Dave - this model has served me well over many years!

If no such repaint exists, no worries, am not requesting per se - just reached the limits of my search fu, and hoped the experts here might know in the off chance ...

cheers,

Daniel
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: D. Garwood Hunter T7 - 4FTS repaint

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Daniel,

XL600 is included in the Trainer pack wearing something that looks very similar to those images. I don't have P3D installed at the moment so can't see it in the sim, but its definitely in the pack...
[fltsim.8]
title=Hawker Hunter T7 XL600
sim=hunter
model=T7
panel=
sound=
texture=XL600
checklists=
kb_checklists=hunter_check
kb_reference=hunter_ref
description=
ui_manufacturer=Hawker
ui_type=Hunter T. Mk.7
ui_variation=XL600
ui_typerole="Single engine jet trainer"
ui_createdby="DG Designs"
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=XL600
atc_airline=Air Force
atc_flight_number=XL600
atc_type=HAWKER
atc_model=HUNT
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

As Ben has said, XL600 in those colours, is included in the pack, but it's in the markings of 16 Squadron rather than 4FSTS. XL600 did serve with 4FSTS as well, I believe, and it wouldn't take much editing to swap the squadron badges from 16sq to 4FSTS.

edit: XG274 is also in the F6 pack in those colours with 4FSTS.
Dave G.

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Hi Ben and Dave,

Thanks so much for the super-fast turnaround. I have no idea why I didn't see that in the pack. Am at work at the moment but I recall schemes with blue in them, ala XL563/XL564, but I don't know how I missed XL600. In my active hangar, I strip out schemes I don't fly to keep things manageable, and I must have accidentally stripped that one off. I'll check the original download pack and confirm I have it (Mutley's review clearly shows it too)

https://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/k ... hunter.htm

As to 4 FTS, not a biggie - while I love the smart look of the unit crest and legendary history of 4 FTS, I'm happy just to have it in the scheme I was after, since beggars =/= choosers. :lol:

Looks like I missed it in the F6 either - but in fairness, the one holer I use most exclusively is the PR.11.

Thanks again - I'll confirm when I get back home that I'm all sorted with XL600.

cheers,

Daniel

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Update - yes - confirmed I've had XL600 this whole time, just as I figured, accidentally stripped off my list of active schemes in the aircraft.cfg, and texture folder - but pulled back in now. The model looks even better inP3D than it did in FSX - simply stunning.

Sorry for the bother, and thanks again.

dl

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

The real one was in 16sqn colours as it was one with the Buccaneer / Lightning IFIS fit; was used by 16 sqn at Laarbruch for pilot currency when Bucc's were grounded following the spar failure crash in USA.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Thanks Pete,

You're one who knows a fair bit about these airframes, so appreciate you clarifying. I'll fly just XL600 out of Valley and ignore the tail crest - I really like the two-holer for training, and that scheme is delightful.

cheers,

dl