Back into the fray....

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

delbydoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Back into the fray....

Post by delbydoo »

After a little busy while, I have finally managed to come up with these repaints to keep the sailors happy - the old Alphasim Buccaneer, which is great as AI traffic, and Ito san's Gannet AS.1, disguised as both a COD.4 and a T.5.....first though, I do need a little help, I just need, if anybody would be kind enough to supply them, matching code and serial numbers for the two Gannet T5's, in the silver/yellow scheme and in the silver/dayglo scheme; all photos that I have found, you have been able to read the ROYAL NAVY titles, but the serial numbers have been totally pixellated!! I am also a little short on emergency markings and stencilling, so if anybody has access to serial numbers, markings etc. for these and could supply them to me, or let me know where I could get them from (the Warpaint is on the way!!) I would be eternally grateful. :dance: And if anyone has any feed back about the colours, markings etc I am always up for a bit of constructive criticism :-#
Cheers

Daryl
Find me on Facebook
On your six boss!!

Image Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

You can find a lot of information and exact colours here

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/colours/colorindex.html

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Ok, here are a few to start you off; I'll get some more stuff together and email it over later.

Gannet T5, silver/yellow, HQ Flt Culdrose, XG884, 452/CU
Gannet COD 4, Ark Royal 1972, 849B Flt, XA466, 040/R
Gannet COD4, Eagle, 849D Flt, XA430, 074/E
Gannet T5, dayglo, XT752, 772/BY - anybody know if this one is back in the UK yet?

Hope that helps.

AndyG

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo delbydoo..

I'll dig out some shots with the emergency markings on for ya :wink:

[edit]I've found a few shots for you but have realised that very few have the correct markings (or any for that matter)!! By far the best example is the AEW version up at Newark (gladly now living indoors). Where appropriate, the markings are duplicated on the opposite side of the aircraft so I've only uploaded one side. Go by the Newark aircraft and sign the others accordingly :wink:

Btw.. I think the bangseat signs on the Buccs are just a bit on the big side mate :wink: Download the Gannet shots here Gannet

All the squadron markings/lettering are in the Warpaint you have coming so I won't bother duplicating them here mate.. unless of course it never turns up then give me a bell :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
Last edited by DaveB on 11 Apr 2006, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

delbydoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delbydoo »

Chaps, what can I say? Thanks for the heads-up on simmerspaintshop, great source especially for WW2 colours; the site I have been using, which is more in line with post 45 aircraft is

http://www.jpsmodell.de/main_e.htm

Fantastic site, especially for certain types of schemes.
I agree with the size of the ejection seat markings, although they were the ones which came with the model - just have to find some decent decals and re-do them! As you say Dave, most of the preserved aircraft don't have emergency markings on them, so yes, I'm hoping that the warpaint will help with that as well. BTW, can't seem to open the link you have posted - maybe my machine......Download Manager doesn't like it either :dunno:

I know it's all small details, but they're usually the bits that count with the people who know; if there are any other plastic modellers out there, they'll all know about the sort of bloke who spots two rivets missing from a 1/144 scale shack! :doh:
Daryl
Find me on Facebook
On your six boss!!

Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo Delbydoo,

Try the link again now mate. My fault.. put the wrong soddin' address in there :roll: :doh:

ATB

ImageImage

delbydoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delbydoo »

Magik....fantastic stuff sir! :thumbsup: Those will do the trick nicely - those and the warpaint will help me with the Frog, sorry, Revell AS1 I have had stuffed away in my loft for some considerable time. Also, the shots of the AEW3 are a bonus, because that's next.....
Many thanks once again....
TTFN
Daryl
Find me on Facebook
On your six boss!!

Image Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No problemo :wink: I have a few more shots (quite a few really) of these 3 aircraft but they were all taken with a view to making a model for FSim and not specifically for the markings. Anything else you may need.. give me a shout :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

While looking for something else, I came across this site

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/

and found this photo

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk ... 2iat77.jpg

only 2 bang seat symbols?

delbydoo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delbydoo »

Thanks for those Ian; Thunder is a great site; as for the markings, I am assuming that of the front two on my repaints (which, as I stated came from the original AS repaint) one is for the seat, the other is for the canopy, which holds an explosive component, and therefore warning off any bod who fancies taking his lunchbreak on top of said canopy!!

Meanwhile...............I have now put the silver/dayglo T5 into the proper markings that Andy provided, but Have decided that I need to redo the panel lines and try to add some grit and dirt, just to make the old bird look a little "used".

Daryl
Find me on Facebook
On your six boss!!

Image Image