Trident 3B G-AWZK Livery pack

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Another thing for the list in June!
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

It's a great sight, you drive upto the gate of the Aviation Viewing Park, and its to your left hand side.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

What's the preservation groups webpage? I've forgotten it! :redface:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

britishtourer wrote:What's the preservation groups webpage? I've forgotten it! :redface:
http://www.zulukilo.org.uk/
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Thanks vegas!

Thats quite easy to remember too. It's bloomin biology revision I tell you! It's using up all of my important memory!

Toby,
Just taken the repainted trident out for a flight. Nice repaint, absolutely wonderful!

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Great Trident in Landor livery. Would be great to see one in real life! I like the BEA liveries as well.

When were these Tridents grounded by BA?

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hello chaps, been out to Brooklands for the day (will post pics in a min) and it seems a lot has happened in the meantime.

To try and answer all the questions...

As far as I know, G-AWZK and G-AVFG were the only two Tridents painted in the Landor Associates designed livery. 'FG was actually I believe the first BA aircraft to be painted (as a test/trial). Neither flew like that. ZK and FG were used for various types of training at LHR, incluing cabin, towing, de-icing and counter-terrorism. FG was withdrawn from service in '84 and ZK in late '85. FG was pretty much fully operable until the early 1990s, ZK was minus her APU, RB162 boost and had three duff engines substituted. ZK has her wings cropped by 30ft in 1991 but was otherwise fully restored in 1994 for the BA Engineering "Happy Child" charity. FG was relegated to the dump in the 1990s and was broken up to be used in a TV drama in 2000. The forward two sections of 'FG were then reasembled at MAN where its been painted green and unofficially re-reg'd "G-SMOKE".

ZK was repainted into the old BEA livery in August 2001, and as Garry pointed out, retained one blue engine pod (since repainted to silver) as H&S suddenly banned the TPS from using Nitromors to get the paint off! Under threat of scrapping in 2003, we raised money starting in 2004 to move the plane to Manchester. It was dismantled in Autumn 2004, moved in Autumn 2005 and hopefulyl will be reassembled "soon".

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

So there you go!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

And as a follow up to that, you can see recent pictures of the restoration work currently being undertaken here:

http://www.aviationphotoarchive.com/Zul ... .php?t=429

I will be doing G-AVFG in Landor at some point very soon. 'FG led a most interesting life, it was also the aircraft used to deport the Krogers (for anyone who is up on their Cold War history, or most of you chaps who remember it from the first time round :wink: )

http://www.aviationphotoarchive.com/Zul ... .php?t=486