Wanted 75 (NZ) SQN repaint for WOP Lanc BIII

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Cathy Howat
Meteor
Meteor

Wanted 75 (NZ) SQN repaint for WOP Lanc BIII

Post by Cathy Howat »

I know you don't do fictional, but this repaint is going to ave to be partially so due to all of the crew beign dead, and their last known relative, my partner Margaret's Auntie Ngaire being A0 in in a Nursing home in NZ and B) totally demented. I do have a prtial description of the plane from Bett, Maggie's mum, whose first husban Sgt. Clarence (Clag) Jones, RAAF was her arse ined charlie. Clarrie died in 1962.

Description and suggested procedure.

Go to the NZ Museum of Transport and Technology site, They have a picture of thier lanc in 75 Sqn colors

Please change the sqaudron call letter to somethign else to both avoid plagarism and out of respect for the real crew of that lanc.

The aircraft should have five rows of fivwe bombs, representing fifteen mission under both side of the cockpit

under that, both sides should be a black and white Snoopy type dog, head down, sniffing, with the legend in script "Snifter" in yellow above the dog's head.

This information is from Bett whop saw a phot of Snifter many years ago but no longer has it. The only known phot was with Ngaire's husband, clag's brother, now dead.

I know it's a hard one but it would men so much to Bett to see Snifter flying agian. She is 77 and in poor health, so I am hoping somebody will give it a bash

Love

Cathy
cathy

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Cathy,

Can I ask what may be a stupid question? I did a bit of googling (yes DG, you're right!) and found the following photograph

http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/argus/0/0/0/d ... 0316.shtml

The name seems about right, and the mission tally looks about right. Any chance this could be the one?

AndyG

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I found that one too, but it seems to be RAAF.

Cathy says RNZAF 75 Squadron.

Or am I confused :dunno:

But I can't find any pictures at the NZ Museum of Transport and Technology site assuming it is:

http://www.motat.org.nz/collections/aviation.htm