G-AMRA repaint !

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

Should i upload my air atlantique DC-3 repaint of G-AMRA

Poll ended at 29 Oct 2004, 09:57

Yes, Looks fine to me please upload
89%
No, She dont look good enough for an upload yet
11%

Total votes: 9

Gerry-F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

G-AMRA repaint !

Post by Gerry-F »

Ok guys i have decided to run a poll for 3 days on the repaint of G-AMRA repaint i have done, If you think she looks good as she is now in the last screen shots i showed, then vote for yes, or if you think it looks way to much underdone and think it needs much more attention then vote no.
Last edited by Gerry-F on 26 Oct 2004, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
Regards Gerry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Looks superb to me Gerry, but you might want to fix the typo in the title of this thread? :wink:

Gerry-F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Gerry-F »

TobyVickers wrote:Looks superb to me Gerry, but you might want to fix the typo in the title of this thread? :wink:
Hi Toby, thanks, i spotted the mistake :lol: , Sorted out now 8)
Regards Gerry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Fixed :wink:

Gerry always adds the extra 'A' so I think its about time Air Atlantique add one too :lol:

Later Edit....
Sri Gerry, I voted no (as you knew I would) :D
An explanation of my cruel vote is quite simple really (for those wondering why)...
There are 3 main areas of flightsim aircraft as I see it... the inside (panel e t c) the outside and FD's. FD's are always open to comment as Flightsim is only able to cope with so much reality for your £40 or however much it was and similar restrictions are imposed internally. It is just not possible to make a panel and/or the associated views LOOK like the inside of a real aircraft within the confines of a CRT or LCD so compromises have to be made. However, the outside does not suffer any such restriction (other than the way a particular colour is displayed) so it should be right. No mention here of dynamic shine or alpha channels... just the basic paintwork.

There you go :wink:

DaveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Gerry-F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Gerry-F »

I seem to be getting more positive than negative answers at the moment to those who would like me to upload the repaint, This is a repaint i did off my back as something for myself and not one that i was asked to do and was expected to get every detail right or dont bother at all, I am only trying to say this, that i have done a repaint of this aircraft as far as i want to go on it and not get it 100% correct to exacts, sure if i was doing this as a repaint job for someone who asked then ok i would go the extra mile and keep trying and trying until i get it correct down to every detail, including the right texture for the right model, as it is for the cargo version, the one i have done.
Dave you said about Ricks JP that i wouldnt have liked it had it been released if it had dodgy wings & flaps, you got to remember that Rick is far more talented than me, and does my repaint really look that bad that it looks like it has dodgy wings etc, cheers mate :shock: , I dont seem to be able to get my repaints to standards required, although i didnt think there was a standard that repaints are expected to be to stand a chance of acceptance to be allowed :? .
Sorry if this all sounds like acting like im a complete twit but it just feels that i cant get things good enough, i do try to make my work good, but i still need a long way it seems to be a repainter acceptable to release repaints. :cry:
Regards Gerry

andy

Post by andy »

Gerry,
Before you release it to the whole world, would you consider releasing to forum members? That would give you chance to get some honest opinions before you go the whole hog.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers. :lol:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Gerry,

If you are happy with the way it is now, and don't wish to go any further, then release it. I don't know enough about the real aircraft to know if it's right or wrong, but it certainly looks good to me.

You can always go back and do more at a later date if you choose.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's fine Gerry although I fear you took my comments personally and that was not my intention hence, why I qualified my 'No' vote.

I voted 'No' cause I want to see it finished... plain and simple. Were that going to happen, I'd be at the front of the downloaders. As this would seem unlikely, I don't think I'll bother. Sri mate :wink:

daveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Gerry-F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Gerry-F »

It was and is my intentention to only upload it to this forum only for members.
I will upload it later, You can decide yourselves if you want to delete it after you have seen it. :D
Regards Gerry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

The screenshots you have posted look good to me, I have not seen the actual AC so I can't say how accurate the are. If you think you are finished I say post it.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.