....by the horns !!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dogtrack
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

....by the horns !!

Post by dogtrack »

following a failed install some weeks ago of FSX and a decision not to bother again....I have err, done it again. And yes all went well on this occasion.

Having spent a couple of afternoons "fiddlin" I now have it running in an acceptable manner (25 to 28fps ). Much lower than with FS9 and of course with no addon scenery. OK, so I have ordered the Horizon bundle for England and Wales. :dance:

It was this act that has given me cause for financial concern. Let me make it very clear here and now. I am not an Aviation Participant, strictly an hobbiest. Relaxation and a visual spectacle is my thing....I don't do planes, only scenery. All my flying is done with the default amphibian...hey, all super stuff.

Now my dedicated Sim Rig with FS9 still onboard, contains global scenery well in excess of £1500. Not to mention a very large collection of quality freeware. A large percentage of this, indeed most of it, will not run in a favourable manner within FSX. I would point out that all this "gubbins" is spread across 6 HDDs.

I have made the decision to stay with FS9 but having bought version 10, I couldn't resist the temptation of the forthcoming products from Horizon.
And that is how it will stay, FSX and the home territories.

I was just wondering how all you old Sim Hands have gone on over the years with the various incarnations? When I first started with FS8, I ran it as was. It was only when the next version happened along. And I had become comfortable with it, that I decided to spice thing up somewhat and jump on the road to financial ruin....suppose I ought to blame Visual Flight and John's fabulous scenery for getting me started :lol: .

Ah well, if you have made it to the end of my wittering, thank you. At least it has made me feel better.

TTFN, Arnie.

Oh, and yes I am going to Birmingham, on the Saturday. I have also just bought a 2 day ticket for RIAT in July :-$ .
...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...