I give up

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Maybe with that 50K he can P**S off back to Somalia! Im sorry but Ive had enough of keeping quiet about this sorta stuff because I might offend someone!

This country's gone down the pan, its not going that way, it's gone!

Grrrr...I had been having a great day until I read this! LOL :lol:

Cheers,
Andy M.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

No one has said he is getting 50K

That is a figure he COULD get up to

In reality it will be a lot less and perhaps if they order him to to pay his own costs he could be out of pocket...or even better the whole cost

There have been cases when the damages given were less than the cost ordered to be paid.

Yes they have to compensate as that is the law, but that doesn't mean he has to benefit...it could be sorted.

Garry

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Actually, his sentence has not expired. If he was sentenced to life, the judge would have made a recommendation that he served a minimum of 'x' years - apparently 8 in this case. Having served that, he could be released on licence, which means that, if breaks the terms of that licence he could be required to serve the rest of the sentence.

I think that, if it had been deemed appropriate to detain him prior to deportation, then that detention should be appropriate until it was possible to deport him, regardless of how long that took.

Was he upholding the rights of the child while he was raping her?

Myles

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Myles wrote:
Was he upholding the rights of the child while he was raping her?

Myles
Sorry I posted now!! :doh:

Lets get this straight, I am in now way condoning what he did and that child, and her family, have nothing but my sympathy; in the same way this man has nothing but my contempt. And, as Garry pointed out, the likelihood is that he will probably receive little or no compensation; but then, a headline like that wouldn't sell newspapers, would it!!

BUT, I would rather live in a country that does uphold the law, however stupid that law may be, than a country that detains foreign nationals without trial, flies them to other countries for torture, and whose police shoot dead an unarmed man who stole to PS3 consoles.

Call me odd, call me a 'pinko' liberal, I'm just strange like that!

AndyG

ivanT3
Viscount
Viscount

Re: I give up

Post by ivanT3 »

VEGAS wrote:Right, thats it, I'm leaving this country today... :curse:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6219608.stm
Don't Move here to the states either. We have a DANDY group running the whole bit over here. Just Brilliant they are!! :think: :huf:

If you're REALLY mad at a fella, walk a mile in his shoes. This way, your a mile away from him and you have his shoes!!