Captain Sim Sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

Oh no - I'll have to buy it now!!

This CS757 cannot handle a localiser or a glideslope no matter what I do.
What a shame!
Simon

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

The only think I intend on buying from CS is the space shuttle :P It just HAS to be Discovery too (my favourite one :P)

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

simtrac wrote:This CS757 cannot handle a localiser or a glideslope no matter what I do.
What a shame!
Same with the 707 - made me queasy weaving about backwards and forwards. Autopilot dropped out twice as well. The framerate hit was bad, too and I thought 'What the hell am I doing?' I've got a fantastic collection of HJG aircraft which are not only beautiful to look at, the flight dynamics are excellent and the panel is clear and precise. Only thing they don't have is a VC - which I don't use anyway. :worried:

I'm glad the sale gave me an opportunity to give it a try, but I'll stick with HJG thanks! :smile:

Ian

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Just to let you know, the lovely Tanya at Capt Sim came back in an hour to my e-mail for help, with a fix so I can install the 727 off-line.
:dance: Really good service!
ATB Trev

simtrac
Meteor
Meteor

Post by simtrac »

It's a while since I flew the 707 (I haven't got it installed at the moment either), but I remember with the first version released, it porpoised very badly at altitude and there was no way the old girl could stay on an ILS - and yes - it did actually make me queasy!

Then CS released a replacement gauge which improved things a little (especially the altitude hold), but I recall still having to be really careful with ILS's otherwise you'd fall under the slope. Then again, I may be wrong, but an aircraft of this vintage isn't going to autoland in anywhere near the same manner as a 737NG. On the other hand, DM's Trident and 1-11 do it with style.

I would have thought the latest CS 707 file would include this new gauge ... I'll dig mine out and have a play.
Simon