Recommendations please. CFS2 or 3?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

It's worth another look Peter, with the help of a very active and enthusiastic community it's turned into a very nice game; well, set of games really, as I have separate installs on my system for early war (BOB/BOF) and late war, and will be looking seriously at a Spanish Civil War install in the not too distant future. Coupled with the existing Korean War and WW I (Over Flanders Fields) stand-alone expansions this is more than enough to keep me happy.

Alan, I understand what you mean about Il-2; out of the box it is far more impressive, but addons are limited to whatever Oleg wants to do!

AndyG

mayagrafix
Comet
Comet

CFS

Post by mayagrafix »

Ok, I'm interested... can u please post a summary/map of what to add on or what to get?

My experience with Falcon 4 is still with me, never was able to figure out what to add or when. :(

Thanks for the time and trouble, Ill put in a good word for u with the big ATC in sky!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Re: CFS

Post by AndyG »

mayagrafix wrote:Ok, I'm interested... can u please post a summary/map of what to add on or what to get?

My experience with Falcon 4 is still with me, never was able to figure out what to add or when. :(

Thanks for the time and trouble, Ill put in a good word for u with the big ATC in sky!
This is a good thread to start with.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... php?t=3279

AndyG

nazca_steve
Concorde
Concorde
Location: South Orange County, California (ex-pat from Cambs.)

Post by nazca_steve »

petermcleland wrote:I got the most fun out of CFS1 also made a lot of Combat shots in CFS2, but never bothered with CFS3.
I have to agree with Peter here, I toyed with CFS3 but it didn't seem to have the magic of CFS2. That may be that I didn't persue it long enough, but the sheer amount of mods and downloads for CFS2 is pretty appealing. A thorny old debate indeed.

I know it got panned in the press, but I would also check out Strike Fighters Project 1. I know I recommended this to you a while ago, Hobby, and with the right patching (very easy), I find this a beaut. The fact that I can fly strikes in Sea Hawks, Hunters and Canberras is a HUGE incentive for me, and there is an immense weapons pack (including nukes which I haven't toyed with) to bomb up your birds with. The game is cheap too and should run fast on most systems.

Like some others on here, I would recommend IL-2 Forgotten Battles , but boy is that bugger hard! Realistic I should say - I get killed more by spins more than by enemy a/c! Best of luck to you Hobby!

Steven Beeny, repainter and modeller. New Canberra series for FS9 out now.
http://www.flyingstations.com

mayagrafix
Comet
Comet

Post by mayagrafix »

Thanks for the info Andy. Will look into this gladly :dance:

Dunno about going into the fighter jock role though, I use to live and die on the ol' Warbirds circuit (one of the first online massive multi player sim) and although pretty intense, the AC controls were very simplified in order to accommodate the PC user. I spent all of my time looking in all directions for bandits! In other words, true to life flying skills were not high on the list. I can, however, see my self fulfilling the Bomber role, were basically u fly to an objective at high alt and sit and watch the clouds go by.

Then again, with multi screen boxes now becoming the norm, there might be something there for me yet!