Viscount set-up

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

stegs
Trident
Trident

Viscount set-up

Post by stegs »

Is the Viscount setup still the same? I seemed to remember it as opening the inter engine cocks and turning the outer tank pumps off. All that seems to happen now is the motors shut down when I go back to FS after I've started my flynet flight.
I'm probably cocking something up but anyonr else had problems?

Steve

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Steve,

Yup.. she works the same as was though I've not flown her in 6.8. I know Fraser has so if anyone know's.. he does :wink: You can get it to act differently depending on the order you shut/open things. Try opening the inter-engine cock's first then closing the outer pumps.. or vice versa :smile:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Hi Guys,

The new fuel set up enables the correct procedure to be followed, ie run down the inner tanks until they are approximately 100 imp gals/800lb each. Then switch to the outers, running them down to a similar amount to the inners if time allows. Then run each engine from its own tank.

Note that the minimum fuel load on the Viscount 800/810 is 800 imp galls, or 6400lb.

For this setup, ie 6400lb and less, I would load 110 ig/880 lb in the inner (aux) tanks and 290ig/2320lb (full) in the outer (tip) tanks to get 800ig/6400lb.

For loads in excess of 800ig/6400lb, the outer tanks should be full and the balance divided between the inner tanks.

cheers

Fraser

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thank you Fraser

From the "other" VA Viscount user

Mahalo

Leif

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

Thanks Fraser, are those basically the same numbers for the 700 series?

At least with the new client it's possible to actually fill the tanks properly on the Viscount.

Steve, try starting the engines after starting the flight in Flynet, I always do that and have never had a shutdown when going back to FS. It doesn't take long to get all 4 on line.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett