The Cheshire Constabulary "Air arm"

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Ours is a T2.

There's a video on You Tube of the old one being used to help out at a rave in North Notts a few years ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4HyBGSEnJak

In the Audio Oscar Hotel 88 is the call sign for the helicopter and NH is our control room.

It can get complicated with the radios up there, they have to monitor the normal flight channels, the Notts & Derbys police hailing channels (we share the chopper) as well as whichever channel is being used to run that particular incident. Not always easy.

Also have a look at http://nottscops.co.uk/fol1/279.htm for other types we've used.

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

I sat in that Islander when it was (or is it still) based at Chester. I might have a photo lying around somewhere too... I also remember a Mi24 being around too (photo of me in that too lol)

jab
Concorde
Concorde

Post by jab »

Garry Russell wrote:JAB

The Hughes 500 and Huey are old, inadequate types for the work done here.

The UK fly modern, up to date types.

Sorry...can't see the brilliance :think:

Garry
Think I watch to much Airwolf :lol: :lol: Did a police chopper flim a plane doing a emergency landing at East Midlands? :think:

James
RIP Steve Irwin :'( You was the best there ever was.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Yes James

The TNT Boeing 737 that left a main undercarriage leg behind at EMA was filmed from a Police helicopter when it landed at Birmingham.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Finally found the video of G-LNAA - definitely not for dial up. They dropped in to assist at an accident at the cross roads, which is 100 yards from where I live.

First take a look at the location - notice the red brick drive way at the centre:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2& ... &alt=-1000

Now you know where the video was taken with classic urban obstructions: trees, lamp posts, overhead cables.

I perhaps should have cut it down but...............

http://www.btinternet.com/~calypsomedia ... glnaa.html

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Works fine for me Ian.

Nice video, they are definately a worthwhile charity.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Fine here also

That must be about the limit for operating area

Thanks Ian :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

Yep here too!

I really wish I had a worthwile contribution to give to the Warwickshire Air Ambulance. I see them all the time whizzing about in 'the creme egg'

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

That must be about the limit for operating area
And the irony was that it was a single car accident with the guy being taken to hospital by ambulance - but since he had been unconscious it was worthy of GLNAA dropping in. And the pilot said that he parked in the driveway instead of on the road to avoid traffic problems.

I also used to see GLNAA when I worked adjacent to Leicester City Hospital - there is a helipad there in a field and GLNAA was used to transport organs for transplant.

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

You'll find with the air ambulance and all of the emergency services that the 999 calls are usually very vague or distorted. Nothing like panic to make people say it's far worse than it is.

It's not uncommon to get the air ambulance, Trumpton and all the rest out for accidents where persons are reported trapped and when we get there the drivers are happily exchanging details and wanting to know what all the fuss is about.

It' quite often "Just a little bump" which turn out to be the most serious.

I put the change from my shopping into their charity box every time I go shopping. Best to waste ten flights, god knows how much cash, and save just one life than never go out and save none.

The problem round here is, since the merger of all the ambulance services into the East Midlands Ambulance Service they are quite frankly, Shite...

I've had to use the police helicopter as an ambulance on more than one occasion in the past few years but that's definately not an arguement for a public forum... The PR department might see...