improving texture resolution? Milton Shupe's Spartan

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hinch
VC10
VC10

improving texture resolution? Milton Shupe's Spartan

Post by hinch »

Just playing around in Mr Shupe's Spartan Exec and it's annoying me the VC textures are blurry. I thought i could double the resolution (as the texture is in the panel folder i thought it could be done). So i did that, up to 2048x2048 and then re-did all the text on the bitmap. Loaded up the sim and...oh, not just the same. I played in the panel.cfg changing the mm sizes and pixel sizes (what does 'pixel_size' do? seemingly nowt anyway) so after that i'm guessing nothing can be done.

Instead then, anyone know what to do with all his gmax sources he's released? For a whiz with the program surely this coudn't be too hard and i know it would appeal to a good audience :wink:

normally textures max resolution is 1024x1024 i know...and that's good because you can use just 1 vc area for smooth gauge movement...but the Flight1 products use higher resolutions to nice effect so i guess it can be done.

*please!*

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

Hi hinch,

FS wont support over 1024 square.. that goes for both FS9 and FSX.

Flight1 probably map thier things over more than one map.. for example, if one object normally on a 1024 map is mapped across two 1024 maps, it doubles in res.

KR
Dan.