Just a quickie...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Just a quickie...

Post by Paul K »

Me again, and yes I do have a life beyond FS9. Only this afternoon, I went to the Esso garage for a pint of milk, so you see, I do get out.

However...

When I returned, I thought I'd have a go with Dave Bitzer and Mark Beaumont's FS bubble sextant. My training mission was carried out in Plane Design's Lancaster B. Mk. I, taking off from Scampton ( as usual ) and out over the North Sea.

In the end, I was enjoying the roar of the four Merlins as we cruised along through the clouds so much that I abandoned the sextant nonsense and just did some general handling of this great plane. After about an hour, I turned west, picked up the VOR beacons at Ottringham then Gamston and was home for tea. Good job I had some milk. :smile:

Anyone else use the FS bubble sextant ? I might have asked this before, not sure

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

I've had a play with it, still havent grasped it fully though. I think I can take the actual ' shot', I'm just not sure what to do with the info I get :doh: Might strap it into the Lancastrian later on and have another go..mind you, I might end up doing what you did, and just muck about with a great plane for a few hours! :wink: :lol: