First Eagles WW1 combat sim

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hinch
VC10
VC10

First Eagles WW1 combat sim

Post by hinch »

i was wondering if anyone had this game? It's fairly new and maybe looks like it could be worth getting:

http://www.first-eagles.com

it's built on the same engine as Strike Fighters for those who haven't seen it.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Funnily enough, I saw this in 'Game' in Cambridge yesterday. It looks okay, but the obvious draw back is only three flyable aircraft. Others might be added in due course, but there's no guarantee of what and when.

So as far as WW1 sims are concerned, I'll wait for this one:

http://www.gennadich.com

The link is a little slow at the moment, so give it time; you will like what you see. :smile:

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

yeah i have that in my favourites list, i saw it on Rob Bruce's Blog here:
http://wing-fell-off.blogspot.com/

it might be rather a while, but stunning it may be - apparently it's all about being built with 'efficient' code and modelling. A nice change from MS then

:dance:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I don't have First Eagles personally, but what I've seen from the Third Wire & CombatAce forums seems pretty positive. Hell, half of the CombatAce uploads as of late have been for First Eagles, so it looks like the addon guys are happy with it because they're updating and uploading a ton of the SF:1/WoV/WoE WWI addons for First Eagles. TW did First Eagles partly because of the large WWI community that cropped up using SF:1/WoV/WoE for WWI simulation, so I'm not surprised that it's been well received there.

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

well i took the plunge, online from hmv.co.uk with student discount it ended up at £6.50

i'll post some screenies when it arrives.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

As Chris Trott has said if the previous titles in the series are anything to go by (Strike Fighters: Project One, Wings over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe), then this should be a fun little game. My one gripe about previous titles was the endless hours spent getting to your target and then getting home again, even on high speed, however I imagine this won't have that issue due to the subject matter and period in which it's set. The community for the games is huge and they are well supported.

Pringle
Trident
Trident

Post by Pringle »

Knights of the Sky updated?? Yes please!
We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, doing the unnecessary, for the ungrateful

LIVING THE DREAM