An FS X question

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

An FS X question

Post by AndyG »

I'm just curious, do you guys who have 'crossed to the Dark Side' do a lot of flying over Chile? It's just that every time I look at the new files at Avsim there seems to be a new set of photoreal Chilean scenery? :dunno:

AndyG

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

It is a very long country in South America - very thin, but very long! I suppose that's why it is taking so long for Senor Chalves (I think that's his name!) to do it.

I think it must be a labour of love and it may be that he can only release smallish areas in each file because the size limit at Avsim.

There is a rather long thread in the Avsim FSX forums (be warned - it's almost as long as Chile itself! :lol: )

And no, I haven't ventured that far yet!

Myles

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I think that it is more or less the same areas he keeps on uploading as I think he has gone to upd. now. All of them are of giant size so I think he has trouble doing a "normal" patch and then re-releases the whole bunch whenever he corrects a bit.

They have been flowing in 16 pack's a day for about as long as there has been a FSX- section at AVSIM.

I haven't bothered to download them, as the next "update" are bound to arrive before I've downloaded the previous version... :lol: :lol:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sounds like you've not warmed to it Dan :lol: :lol:

Certainly has given me the impression it's the same ones going up time and time again.

:dunno:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

You 're certainly right there Garry, instead of luring me into a download "just to see" the constant stream of new downloads, make big bells ring.

There is also the Tony Agramont sceneries. within a very few days, he has managed to make virtually the whole world "photographically".... :think:

See how long there is between Holger Sandmann's releases, or any of our resident developers' ...... certainly doesn't look like quality work to me ....

I could of course be wrong, but I doubt it....

So....I resist ;-)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

DanKH wrote:You 're certainly right there Garry, instead of luring me into a download "just to see" the constant stream of new downloads, make big bells ring.

There is also the Tony Agramont sceneries. within a very few days, he has managed to make virtually the whole world "photographically".... :think:

See how long there is between Holger Sandmann's releases, or any of our resident developers' ...... certainly doesn't look like quality work to me ....

I could of course be wrong, but I doubt it....

So....I resist ;-)
I've always found Tony Agramont's FS9 stuff to be pretty reasonable, I just assumed he'd done a bulk update of his old stuff for FS X. Like I said, I haven't made the switch yet, for some reason :whistle: , guess I'll wait until the Chilean scenery is finally sorted! :lol:

AndyG

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

YACSHA

(Yet Another Chile Scenery Has Arrived) ..... :roll: :roll:

Andy: You may be right, but from his previews I'm not convinced... each to his own, luckily. :smile:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I got curious, and did a search on Chile in FSX-scenery on Avsim.

sorted by name and did a list view.

Lo and behold, each and every of the Chile packs are different, so I guess it is sort of a masterpiece in its creation we are witness to.

Surely upon completion if you install the whole lot, your Chile folder will be the biggest folder on your Hard disc (maybe even hard discs)?

I bet if you have the stamina, the bandwidth and the space it will all be worth the download, but you have to be pretty sure not just to overfly Chile at FL350.

I guess you could fly around in Chile for the rest of FSX with it all.

So if you are a big Chile -fan and do not plan to see other parts of the world, I'd say go for it (actually your are already behind) otherwise, use his map and select only the parts you wish to fly in.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image