Whats happened to summer?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jamesstables
Comet
Comet

Post by jamesstables »

Our neighbours have a stream running along the bottom, usually thers no problem as the sluice on the mill pond it runs into is opened, for some reason today it wasn't opened until this afternoon today and this happened:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

I'd be grabbing the sand bags very quickly James! :shock: :lol:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

silver-fox
Meteor
Meteor

Post by silver-fox »

:sad: all roads clossed hear floods every ware :crying:

jamesstables
Comet
Comet

Post by jamesstables »

Our garden was ok when I took that, but its got into our garden a couple of hours ago, luckily we've got a 'pumping station' in the garden for the drains (we live in an old house and the drains are all over the place!) so we've taken the cover off and its pumping it all away under the house.

Since then the neighbours who back on to our house's garden has completely flooded, and thats where the water is coming from into ours as their side of the wall hasn't been pointed in years.

Our garden:

Neighbours:

edit: and the worst bit...
...Its looking like I might have to miss the pub quiz!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I am keeping very quiet :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

calypsos wrote:I am keeping very quiet :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#
"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the ........"

Yorkshire plain?

AndyG

alan cottrill
Lightning
Lightning

Post by alan cottrill »

I read in the paper the other day,about some soldiers marching around some big lake in the andes,i believe it was called the frozen lake,a few days later,they where walking around a big crater,where the lake should have been,i think i know where it went,it`s coming down on our heads.
regards alan. :roll:

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

We were hit really badly round here, not a bad as Sheffield though. South Yorkshire were really struggling last night.

Worksop Town Centre was completely evacuated as was most of Lowdham, Woodborough and Burton Joyce.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and all of the night on the route of the River Erewash which had burst it's banks evacuating houses and farms and rescuing silly idiots who decided their Fiat Panda could easily get through 4 foot of deep smelly water... They can't by the way.

We had to move 40 cows from a yard which was going under along a few residential roads and into someone else's fields on higher ground.

They ran out into the road, saw my Sgt. there with his yellow coat on and ran straight for him. He hid behind some poor buggers Range Rover and they went right into the side of it :redface:

The Fire Brigade, Ambulance Service and us seemed to work together really well and got the job done as best we could. Was a tough night.

There's plenty of photos on the BBC site of the mess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content ... .shtml?106

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Rob

Truly awful what's going on here.

Interesting to here form first hand experience.

I saw the news at dinner time and there was one idiot going around on a Jet-ski..fine for him but what about the waves he's causing.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Got it here too though not as bad as Robs' area, the Brayford Pool water level was up last night and I constantly kept an eye on the levels as had half expected it to overflow, thankfully that was not the case.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/dis ... K=17656089

Just have to wait and see how much water finally comes in from the surrounding areas though think that most of the risk of further flooding will now have decreased.

Really feel sorry for those whos' homes have been flooded and having to try to clear the mess up afterwards.

Just as a footnote, have you noticed how quiet the Labour Party has been throughout this flooding? Had it occurred abroad they would very quickly have been offering whatever help they could give and also passing on their sympathies.....but when it happens in their own back yard!!!! :curse:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.