Hastings/Provost Question

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

may433
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by may433 »

511flyer

"especially when flown from RAF Colerne, which has been faithfully reproduced by Ray Shepard."

Can you please let me know where I can find this scenery?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Scorpius..Thanks.

I've not looked yet but I will later.

Just wondered it is was a little closer than the one I am using for testing the Superfreighter.

There will be a sound pack made for it.....but in the meantime I'm checking various Hercules packs out.

Trouble is the Freighter sounded a lot different to other Hercules types with a whistely sort of whine out in front caused by the large cooling fan.

Still when I get a chance I'll take a look

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Well, if it is me you are worried about criticising, forget it. I'm all in favour of constructive criticism. I haven't been able to find that sound-set (is it the CFS2 one on a site that requires registration?) but would be very interested to hear of any progress you make on that front.

Best wishes,

John

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I went there last night but forgot you need to register :sad:

So that didn't get too far :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

RAF Colerne

Post by 511Flyer »

For may 433.

Shep's a regular poster over on the visualflight forums. His work can be found on his site at http://www.shepsshed.com/bits.htm

may433
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by may433 »

511flyer

Thank you very much for the link

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

I finally took the plunge and registered myself at Sim Outhouse to download the CFS2 Beaufighter sound set. I don't know why I'm neurotic about registration but I do wonder exactly why so many sites seem to need to know all about you. Anyway, they didn't ask too many questions and allow you to tick a box for "no emails" so it is probably completely innocent.

Anyway, to the point of my writing - as I have said before I honestly don't know what Bristol Hercules engines should sound like but I certainly like the sound of these and will be using them in preference to the sound set upgrade I released myself some years ago. I've not tried them in the Hastings (I'm more of a civvie flyer) but they sound pretty tasty with the Hermes and Viking.

Whilst poking around on that site I also found a set for the Bristol Centaurus engines, theoretically right for the Airspeed Ambassador but they sound more like a mole on a moped to me and I'd be interested to know how realistic they are, or whether others can recommend something else for this aircraft.

Best wishes,

John

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Hi John,

To me, the soundset from Som-Outhouse does sound like the real thing as far as I can remember from my childhood days. I always knew when a Hastings flew over. The Bristol Hercules was very unmistakable on the Hastings.

If you would like my amended sound.cfg file for the Hastings, just let me know and I will email it to you.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

As one who has heard more Hercules engines than you could shake a stick at, I never thought I would long to hear them again. But I do!

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Scorpius wrote: If you would like my amended sound.cfg file for the Hastings, just let me know and I will email it to you.
Thanks, I've dropped you a "PM" with my details.

John