Dornier 27 for FSX coming soon!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

snave

Dornier 27 for FSX coming soon!

Post by snave »

Announcement on the Digital Aviation forum; the Dornier 27 has completed beta testing in FSX and will be available soon. :welldone:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Oh goody, goody! I hope they sell at least three copies as they have made it FSX only!! I thought we had at least one of these Do27s as payware last year?
ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

calypsos wrote:Oh goody, goody! I hope they sell at least three copies as they have made it FSX only!! I thought we had at least one of these Do27s as payware last year?
Yes, tail end of last year, beginning of this. It was from Digital Aviation, for FS9 only, this is their upgraded and bump-mapped version for those on the Dark Side.

AndyG

snave

Post by snave »

I'll give it a try - relatively few addons have ported from FSACOF to FSX with any great success on my rig so far - the ATR72 can be measured in seconds per frame, rather than fps, but some of the `heavier` models made specifically for FSX are actually running quite reasonably - it's a lottery. I suspect this will be one of the better ones.

But there's interesting moves afoot on the expansion pack that might - just might - make FSX rather more interesting to me than to this point - working helo hoists and slung cargo simulation as well as the racing! Now that might be worth updating the rig for...

snave

Post by snave »

Got the update for FSX - and will be staying with FS9 for this model.

Various reasons, but fps is the main one. They use the same .bmp format textures rather than convert to the .dds format and this makes the frame hit excessive on my rig. It has nothing to do with low, normal or high textures.

No bump-mapping or self-shadowing.

There also seems to be some flight model anomalies which weren't present in FS9. Same flight model used for both. Mistake for paid-for update. DA did the same with the Katana-X update, and that was paid-for too.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.