More Russian stuff from Alphasim

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

More Russian stuff from Alphasim

Post by Trev Clark »

And I guess it is not very classic either, still just a HU thats all :redface:

ATB Trev

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Not really a helicopter that does much for me. I do like the look of their upcoming Ka-27 though! :smile:

AndyG

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Wish they'd do a good Hind. The one available is okay, but the panel leaves a bit to be desired...

Maybe if I tell them that I've got 2 they can come and photograph and get sounds off of... :smile:

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

HUBBA HUBBA!!! Thats a beast!!!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Chris Trott wrote:Wish they'd do a good Hind. The one available is okay, but the panel leaves a bit to be desired...

Maybe if I tell them that I've got 2 they can come and photograph and get sounds off of... :smile:
Which one do you mean Chris, there are two payware versions and one freeware?

AndyG

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

The Nemeth Hind looks a beast, but it is not cheap for a 'casual' user. I bought the LAGO one as a disc in a sale.....it is OKish.
ATB Trev

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Andy - the Nemeth Hind.

I have the Nemeth Hind panel is lacking sadly. Many of the systems "implemented" don't work properly and there are items externally that are Hind-F even though the aircraft modeled is a Hind-D. It would be nice to have Alphasim do one that has a proper panel. It can even be in Russian because I have the manuals in English so they know what each switch does but the panels in 1 aircraft is still Russian while the other is English so they can choose which to use.

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

The advanced systems on some helos are best described as bullying FS to do things it was never designed to do, unlike fixed wing, pure helo FDEs are seriously lacking in fidelity, especially the Bell turbine set up, the R-22 piston one is a little more advanced but its safe to say that a simpler glider FDE has more parameters and functions than default helo FDEs.

What some users do is to make hybrid helo FDEs, basically turbo prop planes tricked into flying like a helicopter, this does mean there very hard to set up and in some cases, unstable in sim, they dont work in FSx either very well....yet.

So in Nemeths defence, what there doing is bloody hard work and if 50% works then there onto a winner, but there can be reliability issues as you note and Alphasim sticks to the rock solid defaults with limited systems and start stop sounds, and ironically gets hammered for that almost weekly LOL.

Regarding a Hind ?, l dont know, l know of one or two further down the line but no Hind yet, its one of those that you know which ever one you pick will have the annoraks crawling from the woodwork about this antenna and that antenna LOL, in the nicest possible way of course :), l can already see it coming with the Blackhawk twins and have ordered my extra thick Nomex suit ready for release day <grin>.

Best

Michael

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Michael, what I'm talking about is stuff that FS has no problem working, not the Flight Dynamics. The power distribution and equipment operation like the lack of an operable hover gauge, something that is a must with the Hind due to its poor forward visibility and some of the surface movement gauges that exist on the real one that aren't present on the sim aircraft is what I'm talking about. The dynamics are pretty good from what I've been told, it's just that there is no good systems representation sufficient enough to allow for procedures practice, something that is available for aircraft like the Mi-2 (excellent job on that one by the Nemeth Bros) or Sikorsky Seahawk. In fact, the entire collection of the museum I volunteer at has high-fidelity simulations for every aircraft in its collection with the exception of that one aircraft.

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

The two are directly related, systems and FDEs, pure helo FDEs do not allow for the majority of standard and simple systems, like APUs, electrical, hydraulic, start stop etc etc, look a the default Bell and all the systems in there, there are none, its as simple as that, the Bell FDE has no hooks or tags for complex systems, neither does the R-22.

However fixed wing FDEs do so you need to port across the relevant fixed wing parts into a hybrid helo FDE and thats when it gets messy, open any of these 'fangled' air files and you'll find it full of Turbo prop parameters and engine systems, open the Bell or R-22 and you'll see the dearth of data you have to play with.

Its a simple as this, if you use a default 'correct' helo turbine ( engine type 3 ) set up you cannot model electrical, hydraulic, start or stop systems, if you use a hybrid fixed wing turbo prop/helo FDE then these are available with much black magic.

It has nothing to do with how the subject fies, the FDE does much more than that, it defines the type of aircraft and by that very nature, the type of response the sim will have to it and the hooks and systems allocated to that type. you can add all the systems you like to a type 3 helo turbine and they will never work, neither will animations like spoiler, flap, visor etc etc, MS just plain wrote them out of the script.

so some of the gauges you require will probably not work in the type of set up used for the Hind, l don't know what type it is but chances are its a type 5 or even a jet engine set up ( type 1 ), in which case there dependant on grabbing across and setting up fixed wing sub systems into a helo FDE, and as l said, sometimes they just don't work.

Best

Michael