AFG Caravelle III Finally nearing release...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: AFG Caravelle III Finally nearing release...

Post by Garry Russell »

Ricardo

This model is much appreciated but talking about subjects as if they were British or not and discussing Britishness is not small mindedness.

This is a site to support and discuss British Flightsim.

What is small minded about following the purpose of the site?

This is being gladly recieved and is in the CNB area so all is correct.

There is too much of this 'British or not" talk lately via remarks added on the ends of posts.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ravilamir
Comet
Comet

Post by ravilamir »

Hi Garry

That was precisely my point! I apologise if that was misunderstood.

Best Regards
Ricardo
ImageImage

calypso
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by calypso »

ravilamir wrote:Calypso,

What Russian airport is it that one? I don't think I have it.
ATB
Er.. Geneva Cointrin (LSGG) actually Rigel. :smile:
John

ravilamir
Comet
Comet

Post by ravilamir »

Hi Calypso,

LOL.. Silly of me! Thanks for reply! It is a nice airport and like you I also been flying the Super 12 by Benoit.

ATB
Ricardo
ImageImage

CEO_AFG
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CEO_AFG »

Latest livery to be previewed, is Le Caravelle Club. However due to new forum rules, I'll link you to the picture, the pictures I posted earlier in this thread now seems to have been forcefully resized :dunno:

Guys if you want to institute a 800x600 rule, I'm fine with that, however lots of other sites allow direct linked images, which isn't added to the forum as an attachment to be 1024x768. Also worth noting, instead of cutting my images in half, why not go for something like they do at FSNordic.net when you post an oversize image, the forum adds a code automatically to scale them back to 800x600.

The image can be found here:
http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/cgi-bin/fo ... 1186161646

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sorry.......I wasan't aware of any new rules that stop you posting pics?

Sureley it's much better to display the pics as long as ther don't go over 800 X 600 as that overuns the page width.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ravilamir
Comet
Comet

Post by ravilamir »

Hi Hakon

Many thanks for the HU! It is excellent :thumbsup:

ATB!
Ricardo
ImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re:

Post by DanKH »

Garry Russell wrote:Was that the Revelo mode???? :think:Garry
Why you suddenly are talking Spanish to me I don't know... :think: :smile:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

First of all, good afternoon.

I dont usually come to these forums much, but after what I've read, I cannot go without speaking my mind, as the rest of
you have done so well, already...

I'm Rui Cristina, the guy responsible for the Caravelle master textures.Yes, its been a long time,...

after completing the Dreamfleet/Flight1 B727 Models textures, which took me about a year as well, I just had to go ...
I was tired, believe me...Paul Golding and the rest of the team understood that, not sure Paul Springthorpe did...

Then health problems, my mother had heart complications, and also fell, broke her left arm, been in bed, etc,...so 2006 was a year I dont want to remember anyway....but why am I saying all this!?

You guys dont even know me,...maybe some of you know my work, in the FS community, ...I started working with Barry Blaisdell in the Twin Otter, and his Canadairs...then I joined Dave McQueen and his Stratocruisers, then came Project Freeware, where I learned a lot from those guys,...bless them !
...did a few repaints on David Maltbys gorgeous TRIDENT, sadly he never liked my metal textures on his Trident....:)

Done some metal on the Viscounts and Vanguards by Rick Piper, hi Rick !
Enjoyed repainting in an almost photoreal way that gorgeous Dragon Rapide in BEA
colours too!

Then DreamFleet / Flight1 Boeing 727 drained me....never had done something so detailed.....

the Caravelle was put on hold....the thing is, AFG has been there for me, ALWAYS, and I cannot thank them enough, Hakon, Esa, Ari and Ziggy, for even responding my emails and cheering me up....after all, theres a real life going pararell did you know that!?:)

The Caravelle....she is coming along pretty well, thank you, the interest is back for a few weeks now, since Ziggy started doing his King Air wonderfull textures....he got me going ...

But sadly its those remarks that even makes me think why do I bother!?

Here she is, a highly detailed FS model, for free( I had not mention it yet had I !? ) and still, some of you go complaining, why
has the King Air come out first, etc, etc!?
(which is also another HQ freeware model by the way!)
This type does very little to 'light my fire', if I want a dull twin, the default Beach is still there
thats the difference, this is NOT one DULL Twin...if you have ever tried Esas models, like the YS11, you wouldnt have said that in the first place.
If theres something AFG does well, thats FS models, and we like to keep the "dull" aspect out.
Vegas Express???

He would have been better doing Cherry Patch Air
Great, email me some detailed pictures of that particular bird, and it shall be done.Vegas Express is not real, just something I did for fun and that has been accepted to go on the package...

Thing is, Ziggy is a Speedy Painter....:) he does it well, and fast,...still has not told me how he does it...
not this old school turtle, (me!) ....I go for every detail, here and there, rivets , rivets and more rivets.,...check everything again and again,.. pixelman, thats me ...
they've called me a perfectionist...I AM. a slow one too....

I have over 100 layers in my Caravelle master textures template....I keep going back to my books, and check every picture I can, for more details I have passed by,...and I include them there....its not just a FS model, its a piece of FS History here, a well researched one too, If I may say so....

these past few days I have been "merging" some of those layers, in order to release a paintkit, YES, we're releasing one,...never been very keen on that stuff, but I'll do it,...;) I guess I'm getting old, thats all....

I hope that among you, there'll be someone who will truly appreciate the amount of time ( hundreds and hundreds of hours by the way !) spent on this bird.
I am happy to realize I will have left something this good to the FS community, in cooperation with AFGs good folks, Esa and Hakon who have always believed in me and my work...

I dont think theres much more to say now,...I'm back to the model, now, Royal Air Maroc next.....
have a good life people !

rui cristina / AFG

ps.......testing,1,2,3...testing....nope, it doesnt work for me,...I cannot post agorgeous1280x1024 shot of that RAM Caravelle,...

oh well, here:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0234300802/carIII.jpg

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

CEO_AFG wrote:Latest livery to be previewed, is Le Caravelle Club. However due to new forum rules, I'll link you to the picture, the pictures I posted earlier in this thread now seems to have been forcefully resized :dunno:

Guys if you want to institute a 800x600 rule, I'm fine with that, however lots of other sites allow direct linked images, which isn't added to the forum as an attachment to be 1024x768. Also worth noting, instead of cutting my images in half, why not go for something like they do at FSNordic.net when you post an oversize image, the forum adds a code automatically to scale them back to 800x600.

The image can be found here:
http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/cgi-bin/fo ... 1186161646

Hi AFG_CEO,

A wee bit of patience please while we tweak the new forum software. 800 x 600 was always the limit on here, largely because most of our members are running 1024 x 768 screen res (we did our research :wink: ) and if you post an image that is 1024 x 768 it means lots of left to right scrolling for them to see it.

I'm looking into the auto resize code, but I've lots more ahead of it in the list for the next few weeks, but we will get there... promise. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage