We're here!!!!!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: We're here!!!!!

Post by DanKH »

Actually, the grim look in my eyes, is because I'm washing our new car, and nobody wanted to help ... ;-)

Normally I'm very fond of children ...... with a twist of salt and pepper, and mildly roasted ... ;-)

OFFTOPIC
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

:lol: :lol:

Fair enough Dan..you do look a little pee'd off ;-)

Derek :)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

Ben,
Good job on the new site it looks very swish indeed. :welldone:

Whilst looking around the new site I took a look at the links page. I was wondering on what basis links a chosen.

What I mean is, obviously they are all aviation related and many appear to be the sites of forum members. But the inclusion of others a less obvious, for example the Yorkshire Air Museum. It’s a fantastic museum but why is this featured when other UK aircraft museums are not. I’m just curious. :think:

Also is it possible for CBFS members to put forward links to be considered for inclusion?

Finally, would it be possible to have sites/web addresses which are linked to within posts open in a new window thus leave CBFS running in the background? I much preferred this method of operating.

Alex

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Alex,

Glad you like the new look.

Re: the Links,

Well... Its just some random ones. It was something we started to look at years ago (litterally) and never got round to sorting out. We'd be happy to consider any aviation related site for adding to the page, we just need the url and an image, preferably in the banner style so that it fits with the others.

Re the links opening in frame... it is a pain in the bum. Its not a setting as such, just default behavior, but it can be (and will be) changed. It might take me a while though as I'm preparing for work again tomorrow, but I'll let you all know when its changed.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

Ben,

Thanks for the info much appreciated. Good to here that the links within posts will eventually be fixed to open in their own window, it’s so much more intuitive that way.

Alex

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Alex..

I've posted allong with others on the phpBB forum. They are saying that its strictly following the XHTML guidlines, which to be fair it is, but as I've mentioned, it does take away from the product.

there is a work arround, but to imlipment it now would be foolish as it would need re implimenting every few weeks as the updates come out. Once the updates for phpBB have settled down I'll make the change, but in the mean time I'll lobby for them to do it for us. :)

ImageImageImage

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Kevin Farnell wrote:
XR219 wrote:Could you try deleteing your temporary internet files?
Hi Ben

I do this, daily on my PC, using CCleaner. I do still have the old CBFS page protected in CCleaner - I'll try deleting this.

Regareds

Kevin
Hi Ben

I deleted all cookies, including those protected by CCleaner (I had to manually type in my password, following this), but still get 'Warning: Page has expired' on a regular basis, when hitting the 'Back' button.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Kevin.

the only time i'm getting a page expired (which was the same on phpBB2.x) is if you do a search and then click "Back"

other than that, i have no idea as no one else is having the problem. :think:

The only other time I can think it could happen (In theory) is if someone had posted on the page that you went back to using the back button, that way the page would have changed since you were last at it. :think:

Can you give me the full version of your browser and OS please? Are you running any other software like ccleaner? I'm not fimiliar with it so i have no idea how it works.

ImageImageImage

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

XR219 wrote:Hi Kevin.

the only time i'm getting a page expired (which was the same on phpBB2.x) is if you do a search and then click "Back"

other than that, i have no idea as no one else is having the problem. :think:

The only other time I can think it could happen (In theory) is if someone had posted on the page that you went back to using the back button, that way the page would have changed since you were last at it. :think:

Can you give me the full version of your browser and OS please? Are you running any other software like ccleaner? I'm not fimiliar with it so i have no idea how it works.
Thanks for your swift reply, Ben.

OS is Windows XP Home, SP2.

IE 6 (tried, but can't stand IE 7)

I'm running CCleaner, which cleans temp IE files (except those manually protected) along with the registry (recommended by PC Pro, PC Advisor and Computer Active magazines).

EDIT - CCleaner does not run in the background - only when opened manually.

Cheers

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Farnell on 12 Aug 2007, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

stegs
Trident
Trident

Post by stegs »

Unfortunately I am going to have to complain :-(
Since the site has been revamped it has become slow and cranky.
The worst problem seems to be keeping logged in. When I go through checking each forum for updates
all of a sudden it slows down and then I find I have been thrown out and I have to login again.
There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to this but it is annoying.
Anyone got any suggestions? I've cleared all cookies and whatnot.

Steve