DM BAC1-11 and Comet help

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: DM BAC1-11 and Comet help

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Jim.Like you,I was a reluctant convert to FS9.In fact I was sort of forced into it when my old PC went t!ts up.I saw a discounted copy of FS9 in PCWorld,bought it,and have never regretted it.While there are flyers who are much more knowledgeable than me expressing so many differing opinions about FSX,I think I'll wait.Follow the advice of experts like Dave Maltby etc and you won't go far wrong.Best Wishes EricT :)
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

HI Eric,

I must say you're adding to my 'impetus' to take the plunge for FS9.
I've another question about it, but I think it may be better on another thread, so I'll put it up there!

:worried:

Jim
Jim

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

MALTBY D wrote: ... If you're specifically wanting to fly 1-11, VC10, Trident etc, then you should be aware that they don't work properly in FSX. ..
:think: I know of at least one particular VC10 that is almost ready to go in FSX .... :kissu: :-#
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Just to add to David Maltby's advice...When you buy and install your bargain FS9...Download and immediately install the FS9.1 update. If you leave it till you have added anything to your FS9 then you may have problems getting the update in. Do it straight away and the update goes in smoothly and without any problems. I still have FSX in my system but have not run it for some considerable time...I can't even raise the interest to install SPs and Acceleration. I'll just leave it there till I need the space and then I'll uninstall it.

After FS2002 you will find FS9.1 absolutely wonderful...I am still frantically buying scenery for it before the developers get themselves sorted out on the "Dark Side" and start discontinuing FS9 stuff. I expect to use FS9.1 for many many years and will upgrade my machine as the technology developes until FS9.1 rushes around at 200 fps while FSXIII crawls around at 10fps :lol:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

With a bit of luck when Dev's stop doing stuff for fs9 and fs10 and go purely for fs10 the fs9 stuff will still be available for purchase or download.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

and so on, and so on, again and again ;-)

That's the way things go luckily

still lot of things available for FS98...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

HI Peter,

Thanks for that bit of advice on the update. Guaranteed I would have not done the install first, and would have been on here looking for more help... ;-)

Day off tomorrow, so I shall have a wee trip to the shops.....

Jim
Jim