Anyone watching the rugby??

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Robin
Trident
Trident

Re: Anyone watching the rugby??

Post by Robin »

I'm sure Mrs T won't be the only one!

Mark Regan just doesn't cut the mustard here, infact this seems to be a week point of ours along with 12 and 13. We really could of done with Tindall and Noon as I think that would of been our strongest midfield. But Tindall the tank isn't available.

Also does anyone think that Corry is nowhere near good enough to be at 6?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just been told one of our suppliers is taking me to Paris on Sunday for the Scotland game.... spot of luck there as I never get to go anywhere on work jollies.

I think England will have a tough time, but so long as they give a good account of themselves all good.

As an aside does anyone else think the new style Rugby tops look gay? Whats wrong with a proper collar and Cotton. Looks like lycra all over, and thats not a good look. :lol:

Fortunately I've still got my 2 Ulster tops from the European Cup win all those years ago... :lol: ;-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Robin wrote:I'm sure Mrs T won't be the only one!

Mark Regan just doesn't cut the mustard here, infact this seems to be a week point of ours along with 12 and 13. We really could of done with Tindall and Noon as I think that would of been our strongest midfield. But Tindall the tank isn't available.
Sadly I think Tindall's broken leg scuppered his chances. I've also always had a nagging doubt that he was really only comfortable (and somewhat flattered) by playing alongside arguably the best midfield player ever to play for England - Will Greenwood (the same can be said for Jonny Wilkinson too in a way, who from 2000-2003 was playing behind a very solid pack and inside a talented midfield). Danny Hipkiss is the ideal replacement for Noon (and was arguably the form 13 in the GP last year), but England missed a decent chance to "break him in" at international level in the summer (due to the blanket leaving behind of all Leicester, Wasps and Bath players) - even just for the 2nd test would've been good. I doubt Brian Ashton has the bottle to play him on Saturday though. Mind you, he could shitft Tait to the wing and let Cueto warm the bench.
Also does anyone think that Corry is nowhere near good enough to be at 6?
Mmm, tough one. BA of course said he'd only be considered at lock - just as he said Lewsey would never play full back again! :doho: He does bring a decent ball carrying, lineout winning tough brand of rugby though, and arguably his best rugby ever was as the first choice 6 on the 2001 Lions tour (as a replacement for the elbowed Richard Hill). With Moody playing at 7 that's 4 or 5 recognised line out options - and with Lewis you know you'll get 150%! :lol:
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Robin
Trident
Trident

Post by Robin »

I mean I really understand about Moody or Rees at 7. They are our only stable 7's we have. But 6's apart from Hill and sometimes Lol we have none. I think Corry had the best game in a while when he was playing at 5.
I just get frustrated that we keep putting out the same guys and then you get Ashton giving guys a debut and then that's it, you see nothing from them in ages. Even when these guys stun on their Debut's. They just aren't getting the experience.

Then again I am just pleased we got this far, as I really wasn't expecting it.

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Robin wrote:I mean I really understand about Moody or Rees at 7. They are our only stable 7's we have. But 6's apart from Hill and sometimes Lol we have none. I think Corry had the best game in a while when he was playing at 5.
Moody's the best 6 in England - when he doesn't give away penalties. We're also lucky that he's a reasonably decent stand-in 7.
I just get frustrated that we keep putting out the same guys and then you get Ashton giving guys a debut and then that's it, you see nothing from them in ages. Even when these guys stun on their Debut's. They just aren't getting the experience.
Just look at Ollie Smith from Leicester - he just missed out on the 2003 RWC squad to a South African who's just about diappeared completely (Stuart Abbott), and was then completely ignored by England (under the inept Andy Robinson) for the following two years. He was good enough to be the Lions' back up for Brian O'Driscoll in 2005 (under Sir Clive), but sadly was injured at about the same time, so missed out after BOD was injured. After that (probably unsurprisingly) he lost form...
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Excuse my excitement, but:

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

A monumental England performance :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:
I'm still shaking.
If the wind had been less, the scoreline would have looked even better.

Well done lads!!!!!

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Did they win??? :dunno:

A few subtle hints there so I guess a result :lol: :lol:

:welldone: :welldone:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

What a solid pack!!!! :yipeee: :yipeee: :yipeee: :yipeee: :yipeee:

Brilliant result! :thumbsup: :partyman: :drinkers: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Lets hope Les Bleus do the business on the All Blacks tonight, as we know they can, and then go completely off the boil next week! :yipeee: :welldone:

England Argentina final? :$
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]