Anyone for Duxford this Sunday??

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Anyone for Duxford this Sunday??

Post by Techy111 »

Dave...How did it go? Got some piccies for us.... ;-)

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Superb show, with several surprises!

Weather was perfect.
I'll post some of my pics ASAP, but as I took over 1000 :o (yes thats one thousand), it may take a little while.
Hope the others who attended enjoyed it as much as I did.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Kevin,

I wouldn't quite call the weather perfect as the sky was mostly grey toward the M11 with broken cloud the other end (800th/sec toward M11.. 1250th/sec the other end and a bit of both in the middle :lol: ) but a most enjoyable show. I won't let any cat's out of bags so the troops can see what happened when they see your shots Kevin. ;-)

I was quite reserved and only took just over 400 today :lol:

BTW Kevin (or any other Nikon user). One of my staff has just bought a Nikon D80 and would like to know where he can get a .nef plugin for Photoshop from :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

DaveB wrote:Hi Kevin,

I won't let any cat's out of bags so the troops can see what happened when they see your shots Kevin. ;-)

BTW Kevin (or any other Nikon user). One of my staff has just bought a Nikon D80 and would like to know where he can get a .nef plugin for Photoshop from :think:

ATB

Please don't wait for me, before posting your photos. I'm very slow, and as I shoot in .NEF (RAW files), it takes quite some work and time to rework them to my liking.

As for Photoshop, I'm using Elements 3. I don't use this for processing RAW files - I find either Nikon Editor or better still, the now defunct Rawshooter more than adequate.

I believe that if you have loaded the free Nikon software (Nikon view 6), onto your PC then Photoshop makes use of this RAW profile.
Alternatively, use the Camera_Raw_3_7 plug-in from Adobe for Photoshop (this is the latest update for Elements 3 - I believe there is a version 4 for Elements 4 and 5).

Hope that this is of some help.

Regards

Kevin

PS - PM me if you would like any more 'info' on Rawshooter.
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Kevin,

Looking at what he got in the box, it comes with a version of 'PicturexxxSomething' and another bit of Nikon software as a 30-day free trial (NX.. does that sound right). He can't find a serial number to try the 30-day free trial stuff and the 'Picture..whatever it's called' is quite frankly, rubbish. Reminds me of the old Adobe Photoprint or whatever it was called. You can resize, auto correct and remove red-eye and that's about it. :roll: Quite lamentable :worried: There appears to be no 'save as' function either. His Photoshop is 'CE' and can't see the Nikon .nef as a .raw image (likewise, you can't see Canon .raw as a raw file in Photoshop without a plugin either.. raw isn't a standard format unfortunately). I've told him to look on the Adobe site and passed on that link Techy gave. We'll see what pop's up tomorrow ;-)

ATB

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!