Vanguard fuel burn

VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Vanguard fuel burn

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

I'm en route to Heathrow, and if i do make it back it will be on vapour. Is it me or does the vanguard seem to burn more the lighter it gets? Or is it that the scale on the tanks is non linier and I've just been a bit light on filling her up... Larnaca is bloody expensive!
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Vanguard fuel burn

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben,

I don't do Larnaca anymore purely for the reason you mention.. the cost of fuel!!!

Can't ever recall the Vanguard burning more fuel the lighter it gets. She's set at 14kRPM when comfortably in the climb and that's it matey. I see a steady decrease in burn from TOC to BOD :think:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I just checked again and it was my fault.... I couldn't do a basic subtraction... hence my glide to heathrow! :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've done similar recently. Booked a flight to somewhere and checked FSNav for a 'basic' fuelburn figure. What I didn't realise at the time was FSNav was showing the wrong aircraft type (I'd changed from a Trislander to the DC3 and the Trislander was still selected) :o :roll: Fortunately.. I was able to fly out of trouble as the flight was only Jer to St Malo :lol:

ATB

ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps... there does seem to be something funny with the fuel guages on the vanguard in FSX at any rate. I took my Empty vanguard to Aldergrove, so loaded her up with 8000Kg of fuel.... and unless by etes are failing me its reading that she has almost 14000kg! :o

The two top guages which read up to 2 and a half each are full scale (totalling 5000), and the two lower guages are reading just shy of 4500 each (totalling 9000) giving a grand total of 14000. Very confused. :worried:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben,

I think it must be an FSX anomaly mate and one for the 'to do' list :roll:

ATB

ImageImage