The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

FS9 - framerates have went lower than whalepoo

Post by forthbridge »

Hi all

Anyone able to suggest any fix for this?

I've been able to run FS9 with reasonable settings and getting decent framerates except where you would expect, like NYC etc with autogen on 100% ;-)
Even MCleland field and Glacier bay would give me perfectly flyable framerates. Suddenly, for the last two days, I am getting single figure <5 rates and not even into double figures in default areas like Leuchars. Ive made no changes to anything and even turning settings way down makes little difference. In fact if I turn the resolution down to the next level down, it is still the same. Very annoying, in fact unplayable :@

Ive recently defragged after installing it, running no new installed software so can only assume FS9 has decided to play the goat. I'm on the brink of uninstalling it.

*EDIT
Also of note, FS9 is taking MUCH longer to load - and no aircraft are visible in the selection window at all - default or 3rd party. Selecting a different AC results in nothing happening for a good 10 seconds before it does load.
Jim

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: FS9 - framerates have went lower than whalepoo

Post by DanKH »

Ithink its time for a fs9.cfg renewal. Rename the old one and let FS make a new.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

:dancer:

Thanks Dan, back to normal now :rock: CHEERS
Jim

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

We aim to please :-)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

DanKH wrote:Ithink its time for a fs9.cfg renewal. Rename the old one and let FS make a new.
This has probably been done to death, by *what* exactly happens to fs9.cfg to make such a difference?

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

gevers1 wrote:
DanKH wrote:Ithink its time for a fs9.cfg renewal. Rename the old one and let FS make a new.
This has probably been done to death, by *what* exactly happens to fs9.cfg to make such a difference?
well, simply, it stores the 'state' of Flight simulator. Any changes to settings (and other changes) can alter the file - in my case installing vast amounts of add-on scenery and aircraft. Eventually I suppose it just (like lots of M$ software) gets bloated and slow, and needs an electronic irrigation of the colon (By getting FS to build a new one)
Jim