JM's New - 146

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: JM's New - 146

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol: :lol: NP Chris

I wondered :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

tonymadge wrote:Jon is really involved in FSX stuff now, but I managed to persuade him to cover these for us FS9 dinosaurs, the first release will be V.1.0 and this will be the 300 then the 100/200 with further release versions in mind to incorporate VC as well as some other improvements as he goes along, I am hopeful most of which will be in FS9 but I guess if we get the 100/200/300/QT that will be great, Matthias Liebrecht has a panel for the 146 which HJG will be using, this again will be slightly adapted for Jon's model and the RJ panel is in design as well so hopefully with all extremities crossed HJG will host a full range of 146/RJ airliners in the near future... No time frame but the 300 will be first and not too far off now. I will keep the HJG website updated and work on it ready for the release... :D
all the best Tony
Thanks Tony, from one dinosaur to another! :welldone:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

kurt190 wrote:The 146 was also designed to be very quiet in a time when noise polution from aircraft was becoming increasingly undesireable. I cannot see many 111s operating out of London City! Additionally if I remeber correctly (I worked on the 146 in the late seventies and early eighties - not in an important capacity) the cost of running and ownership were supposed to be quite good.
She was a beautiful little airliner - I thoroughly enjoyed my time with HS/BAe and bitterly lament the loss of Hatfield, and indeed the majority of our civil airline industry.

kurt

Hi Kurt.

I do agree. I personally feel there was a place for both aircraft, the crying shame is that the RJX was canned and jigs were destroyed, otherwise she'd still be in production ( in one form or another). The 146 series is a beautiful looking aircarft, from an age were the astetics where important. She is one of my favourite all time aircraft and a credit to all who worked on her (in any capacity) :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Flybe ordered 10 RJX aircraft and could have held BAe to produce them, if they had done so I wonder if the RJX would be a hit today? I would guess so as a lot of operators of the 146/RJ would have happily moved to this new generation, but as usual in British Aviation we shoot ourseklves in the foot time and time again. :@
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kurt190 »

I think the simple truth is BAe Systems saw that the money was in the arms industry. All the great names, all the great designers, test pilots, wind tunnel engineers, and craftsmen simply pissed up the wall so that BAe can buy rifle ammunition from India to sell to the Government.....

kurt

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

sounds like every other industry in the once great nation now justa p#ss pot of rubbish.... Ooops getting political there.. OFFTOPIC

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The RJX was cancelled because Airbus saw it to be a direct competitor to their A318. Air Wisconsin had signed a letter of intent to replace it's 146 fleet with RJX's and was awaiting permission from United to sign an order and Mesaba had similarly signed a letter to replace it's 146 / ARJ fleet with an order pending on permission from Northwest. BAe had, for all intents, orders pending for well over 200 aircraft when the program was cancelled "in accordance to the multi-national agreement not to produce competing aircraft," according to the BAe engineer I talked to when he was at ZW after the cancellation working on one of their 146's.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Yeah and the A318 has been ahuge success...not... once again we lose out to the froggies :roll:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The 146/RJX addressed the special needs of a jet airliner of that size.

Good field perfermance four engined safety etc.

The 318 is the one that should have been dropped.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Tony,

Can you clarify, will the FSX version be release via HJG or is it only the FS9 version... Its late and I'm confused :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage