It is just Wet here today...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: It is just Wet here today...

Post by TSR2 »

boys boys! :lol: Its bloody Christmas Hoo Hoo Hoo xsmile
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

I didn't take offence.

not sure what i said :worried:

My "project" will go FS9 too matey but currently i have to be full FSX native to be sure it will be sunk into my noggin as it's got very hard to make stuff now with SP2 as goalposts have moved all over the shop 3 times now :cpu:

Please don't anyone get the wrong end of the stick as i was not attacking etc at all , just didn't know who beta texters where aparts from Trev,Yourself and a couple of others.

So FS9 test is comming soon) :thumbsup:

Regards
Rick

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Ho Ho guys,

I just read these posts and I'm sure no-one meant anything they shouldn't, just all so sensitive after recent events. Root cause is probably mine, I think it's actually a good thing if the whole world doesn't know who a beta tester is (unless thery chose to make themselves known) that way the 'gizzit' mails are kept to a minimum.

Brian

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Nice Post Peter..... love he screenies :)

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by JimCooper »

Whoops..my attempt at sarcasm ..doesn't realy translate into a post

All the beta-testers dis a fantastic job..I was having a go at myself for missing that one line in the manual!!

Apologies if anyone thought I was having 'a go'.. not at all. only at mysellf.... :brick: ....immensely grateful to all concerned..I'll get my coat STUPID

Regards

Jim

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

To answer a few questions...Yes I was a beta tester for the Sea Vixen but my input was virtually nil from about halfway through, and I didn't see the red lights being used for other things. Sorry...got sidetracked with other projects and testing :$

No, I don't use FSX and haven't started it up for over a year now. I won't be starting it up ever again and it just lurks there waiting to be uninstalled. My beta testing is only done on the FS9 versions of things and then when they move to test the FSX version, I move on. I would have uninstalled FSX but heard a persistent rumour that the uninstall of FSX could and has interfered with the FS9 installation...So it sits on my drive unlooked at and with no updates since RTM. :flying:

With regard to that red light...The Pilot's Notes are a bit ambiguous in places and I think it would be better to make enquiries of someone who flew it, rather than make a correction on my say so. My view is that the pilot's last check on finals of "Three Greens!" would not be interfered with by poking in a distracting red light on the indicator at that stage.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Peter,

As far as I'm aware (and you can choose to trust me or not on this..) the only difficulties I've heard of when uninstalling FSX is if it's on the same drive as FS9. I bought a new 500gb drive for it so I should be ok to uninstall. I'm just waiting for the freebie release of SP2 before I make that decision ;-)

Re the lights.. I understood the real Vixen pilot had flown the model so if anything, I'd have thought he'd have noticed if as light was there that shouldn't be. That said.. the 2D panel is pretty much useless for anything but turning things on or off as the view out is chronic without adjusting the eyepoint. Adjust the eyepoint to suit and the perspective goes to pot.. rock and a hard place! The default view in VC is actually very close to what you see when sitting in the front of one of these things when looking straight ahead. One tap out let's you see a bit more of the panel.. enough to be able to pan down and up without losing your way. Two taps back and the perspective starts to go again. While this sounds a bit damning, it's a problem associated with ALL similar aircraft in fsim and not restricted to this one alone ;-)

So much poop?? Well, it could be considered so and to miss any fault is as undesirable as it gets (almost like FSX) :lol: However, unless you like looking at the world through a fisheye lens, an oddball like this is probably going to be an easy one to get through.. not that it will again ;-)

PS.. Rick, I didn't think you were having a go ;-) I've had toothache since 4am on Sunday so my sense of humour has been tested. Having been and had said tooth extracted an hour ago and a couple of other bits done.. to be lumped with a bill for £235 is testing it a little further :o

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

lol

I could have brought a big stilson wrench and me Dremel over sharpish xwink

hope it feels better now matey as toothache is usually worse than a kick in the Gonads :$

Regards
Rick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Rather you than me chap... I avoid dentists like the plague as the only person who can extract more money from me is the tax man. :lol:

Hope your on the mend.

xsmile ATB
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:That said.. the 2D panel is pretty much useless for anything but turning things on or off as the view out is chronic without adjusting the eyepoint. Adjust the eyepoint to suit and the perspective goes to pot.. rock and a hard place!
Well Dave, I guess it depends what you are used to, but I flew the whole of that sortie in the rain from the 2D cockpit just as it comes. I just used the hatswitch views for positioning and kept the panel in view for the whole sortie. All the screenshots were then taken from the Recorder Module > Playback...I did not record anything...just used the playback after I had turned off the runway. So those VC shots were only for screenshots as I don't actually fly in the VC :flying: