Concorde's Last Flight...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Concorde's Last Flight...

Post by petermcleland »

DanKH wrote:I have separated it, but I have nowhere to send it ;-)
Thanks Dan...That was the clue I needed...Here is a new download with just the .WAV file zipped up...Unzip it and click on "concorde.wav" and it will open and play on Windows Media Player:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/dl/ConcordeWav.zip

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

:thumbsup:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Brilliant.

Brought out the goose bumps to hear those final minutes of one of the greatest aircraft of modern times.

Thanks Peter.

Allan

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Like Joe, I couldn't open the original embedded WAV file. And there was no "save as" option as suggested by Dan.

I think the missing item was Outlook - I don't have it. Looking at the raw file in a text editor there was a "EMBED Outlook.FileAttach" in there.

Doesn't matter now that Peter has sorted it but Microsoft's software is not ubiquitous.

Ian

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

The reason many folk embed sound files etc in word docs is so that they can get into corporate email systems. Example being if I was sending a wav file to my friend in a company, it would probably be binned by the corporate email system as junk, but if its embedded in an MS word doc, then it will probably get through,

and almost all corporates use ms word. xwink
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Talk of Concorde had me visiting YouTube. I found this fantastic bit of film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQS3qAIjAo in which one of the former Concorde pilots (Brian Walpole) was persuaded to barrell roll a (empty) Concorde. Shades of the Boeing 707 barrel roll 30 years before.

Bob xsmile
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

and almost all corporates use ms word.
Ben

I use Word/Excel XP every day for my "corporate use". But I don't have Outlook on that PC - hence I suspect that is the reason that Peter's embedded WAV file would not play. Just something to be aware of when moving files from "corporate use" to "personal use".

As to getting WAV files into companies, why? If all else fails try zipping with a password.

Ian

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

not a user (or fan for that matter) of outlook either Ian

Peter thanks for the effort to make it playable for as all.

ATB
Joe

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

ianhind wrote:
and almost all corporates use ms word.
Ben

I use Word/Excel XP every day for my "corporate use". But I don't have Outlook on that PC - hence I suspect that is the reason that Peter's embedded WAV file would not play. Just something to be aware of when moving files from "corporate use" to "personal use".

As to getting WAV files into companies, why? If all else fails try zipping with a password.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Any anti spam/corporate mail system worth half its salt can scan the contents of zips.... even with a password. We use Lotus Notes in work (a complete pile of sh1t3 as an email client, but good at other things and I'd no problems with the word attachment. I was just explaining why folk embed stuff in word docs, not saying its a good idea. xwink
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage