Vixen

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hinch
VC10
VC10

Re: Vixen

Post by hinch »

That's a real pain, I know when searching for a plane on google I'm normally bombarded with torrent website results. Shame I don't have any 'torrent' software or whatever it is.

At least since this guy was so easy to identify and locate there must be something than can be done?

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

The saga continues - and this one is shameful so I will apologise in advance:

I was informed today of a posting over at UKMIL so as DC is a contemporary of mine I thought I'd go see. I had to register to get access so my identity was not hidden. What I saw amounted to little more than a personal attack on my work and an assassination of the Vixen. That said it's his site so fair game.

However returning to the site later for a second look I find I'm barred from that area; here I'm afraid my wicked side got the better of my and I posted a little line "Tut tut DC - but too late I've already seen it". The post vanished in less than a minute, a second post admiring their free-speech policy was met with my immediate banning by ip address from the entire site!

So...

I have never joined in the many and very public 'debates' that seem to occur with such frequency on these sites but have to say something this time. I am puzzled by DC's attitude to me as I have often defended him in his (many) public spats and flaming of others. To those guys I'm sorry I was wrong and you were right, he is an ar... NO NO not going there!

What I will do however is to point out that the name of Mr Dave Charlton does NOT appear in the list of our registered customers so to my mind there are only two possible explanations for this:

Either Dave is as speaking from his usual ill-informed (and biased) opinion as he does not actually have the Vixen OR

He has sunk to the level of common thief and is basing his opinions on a stolen copy

Come on DC - which is it.

Brian Franklin
Skysim
(apologies again for airing my views on such 'adult' behaviour)
Last edited by Brian Franklin on 15 Dec 2007, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

All I will say on this matter is that CBFSIM will not be used as the battle ground for other groups.

I have my own personal view, but please do not use our forum to conduct defence or attack of something from elseware.

I hope you will all understand and appreciate this stance and do not see it as any sort of "side taking"
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

hinch wrote:That's a real pain, I know when searching for a plane on google I'm normally bombarded with torrent website results. Shame I don't have any 'torrent' software or whatever it is.

At least since this guy was so easy to identify and locate there must be something than can be done?
Google will filter out the torrent results if you ask it nicely. ;-) Let's say you want to find the Dreamfleet 727, just type...

Dreamfleet 727 -torrent

The "-torrent" will remove the torrent websites from the results. :)

Brian

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

As Ben says, whatever the 'rights or wrongs' of this matter, CBFS does not want to be the battleground.

Perhaps, Skysim need a forum set up for bonafide customers to discuss and ask for help. The piracy issue can also be aired there with full vengence, if thet is the right word.
ATB Trev

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

i will air my side here.

I was speaking of the vixen, NOT as a customer, as I DO NOT OWN the aircraft. I was using pics from other people of the exterior and interioir to air my views on the product. I realised afterwards, that I should not really speak of a product, without actually testing it fully, and certainly not from a set of pictures. This is why the post was removed, as I felt it was wrong to make such comments after I had posted it.

Your other posts were removed, as they then made no sense to others who did not see the orignial post, thats all, no malice intended.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Well, seeing as nobody else has, I would like to thank DC for clearing up the matter and for being man enough to admit that his comments were inappropriate. :welldone:

Andy

Town
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Town »

Hi DC

On behalf of Brian and the rest of the Skysim team I will thank you for clearing the air a little. It is perfectly acceptable not to like something, and reasonable, when asked by a member of your forum to air your thoughts as such. The only thing I would say is if your opinion is based on screenshots then let the forum members know it is.

We have tried our absolute utmost to develop a product that will please our prospective customers and will continue to do so - we will not always "get it right" and we will absolutely need honest and fair appraisal when we don't.

A negative review be it on a forum, a magazine or any media outlet is something we will all suffer, the only thing I would ask for is an honest opinion.

Kind regards

Gordon
(town)

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I declined the invitation to review the Vixen for Avsim, as I thought I was not detached (as a beta tester) enough from the project. Hopefully, a full review will be forthcoming from FS.com and Avsim in the near future.

In my opinion, the Vixen is not the best ever add-on made for MSFS, but I do believe it is the best add-on for that type (post war British fighter) ever made for MSFS. That may not sound too good until you look at the Alpha catalogue, its no mean feat for a first attempt!
ATB Trev

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

What I really like about it are the flying qualities...Not too many models are nice to fly...This one is delightful and has a VERY real feel about it...AND it is really super to land :flying: